Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager – Supply Chain Finance
Job ID: 491606
Full/Part Time: Full time
- The incumbent will be responsible for successfully embedding, growing and managing the supply chain business (pipeline, assets and revenues) in the country and region.
- Driving revenue generation through servicing of existing mandates and enabling initiation of new mandates by working closely with GC, LC, CC, BC and TB stakeholders to originate and onboard programs.
- Proactive management of portfolio credit and operational risks in close coordination with Anchors and Risk.
- Work with Global Head of SCF to drive the SCF eco system value proposition including locally/regionally
- Originate new SCF deals working with local CIC, CC, BC and TB partners
- Manage and grow the Country/Region SCF business.
- Work with segment partners to capture Anchor eco system via referral and other cross sell opportunities (Anchor & spokes)
- Continually Work with CC and BC partners to develop Client Value Propositions for all possible counterparties (spokes) of our Anchor Client.
- Ensure SCF client revenues, cost, debt provision and asset budgets are achieved.
- Achieve target for addition of new Anchors and spokes under new and existing anchors.
- Ensure regular information flow on Spoke performance from Anchor
- Ensure tight monitoring and control over excesses, past dues, overdue reviews etc
- Ensure that there are no major surprises or losses arising from negligence, lack of attention to detail or any “loose rivets” (e.g. no losses or transfers to GSAM for any client not already on EAR).
- Ensure the right level of training and development for your team members including regular sessions with partners in Product and Risk to achieve maximum alignment, traction, best practice transfer, teamwork and leadership.
- Work with your team to achieve high engagement levels by developing and implementing action plans
- Complete all FTE investment and hiring as efficiently as possible, while improving overall team quality and talent
- Lead and manage resources into one market focused team.
- Embrace and practice the values of the bank on all occasions and demonstrate one bank behavior.
- Be watchful of the industries that we have significant SCF exposure to and conduct necessary impact analysis for potential downturns.
- Co-ordinate with GSAM in recovery, settlements and other issues related to SCF customers transferred to GSAM
- Ensure that all the products offered to anchors/spokes follow the PPG/CA
- Ensure that the business meets all its obligations vis-à-vis the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards & under local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls which are regularly reviewed to ensure that they reflect any changes in product, systems, policy and regulations.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations to embed Compliance Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process
- Ensure that management of the Bank’s Credit, Operational, Reputation and Compliance Risks and our ongoing CRM, monitoring & control processes are of the highest quality with no weaknesses identified through Audits or BRRs etc
- Ensure all audit actionables are satisfactorily closed out within agreed timelines.
- Develop better leaders and greater bench strength across SCF business, including one-downs.
- Ensure that end-to-end RoRWA at program level (across Anchor and spokes) and at overall portfolio level meets targets and improves continuously.
- Align with Global Head of SCF on strategy and provide regular feedback in addition to quarterly SCF portfolio report to Global Trade Risk
- Continually analyze market and competition and develop/fine-tune local strategy for SCF business to ensure robust growth in business and strong risk control measures.
- Manage outsourced vendors and their performance to ensure timely completion of visits, completion of document pick up and accuracy/quality of reports.
- Continually explore all existing SCB relationships for SCF and referral opportunities.
- Streamlining work processes within the unit to ensure smooth running of the unit and eliminate delay in turnaround times
- Ensure strong Anchor engagement in all SCF programs by involving RMs and Anchor representatives.
- Global Head of SCF
- Anchor RM – Segment Heads (GC/LC/CC)
- Spoke RM – Segment Heads (LC/CC/BC)
- TB Product and Sales Teams
- GSSC & CRC
- Solution Delivery
- Client Services Group
- Key client contacts both at the Anchor and Spoke level
- Operational level personnel in the procurement & distribution divisions of the Anchors
- Vendors appointed for doing due diligence and other outsourced service providers.
- New Anchor Programs added
- New Spokes added
- Total Cross Sell revenue derived from SCF Programs
- End-to-end RoRWA Achieved across the program (i.e. across Anchor and Spoke relationships)
- Absolute revenue Generated,
- Asset level growth,
- Debt Charge level,
- Adherence to PPG, CA, bank Policies & procedures and external policies. Excesses, past dues, overdue reviews within agreed/permitted levels
- Minimum Satisfactory rating on audits conducted, if any.
- Team building and Teamwork
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online