Natural Resources Consulting Engineers, Inc. (NRCE, Inc.) has been awarded a contract as a small business prime contractor under the USAID funded Water and Development IDIQ (WADI) and is currently recruiting qualified candidates in a variety of position:
Job Title: Program Director / Chief of Party
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The main objectives of the IDIQ are:
- Improve health outcomes through the provision of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
- Manage water in agriculture sustainably and more productively to enhance food security Tasks under this contract will include providing cross-cutting services in the water sector, including Data Collection and Management; Assessment and Analysis; Strategic Planning and Program Design; Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening; Policy, Legal, Regulatory and Institutional Program Support and Performance Monitoring and Evaluation.
- The Program Director/Chief of Party (PD/CoP) will be responsible for providing in-country leadership and day to day management of all technical and administrative aspects of an U.S.
- Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) related program and assume responsibility for achieving program results.
- NIE, Inc. seeks a PD/CoP for a 5-year program in Senegal that aims to strengthen WASH initiatives and increase sustainable access of water and sanitation services and improve hygiene practices.
- The Program, entitled Project Assainissement, Changement de Comportement et Eau pour le Senegal (ACCES), seeks to achieve goals in WASH through the following-project objectives:
- Generate demand for WASH products and services;
- Increase market-based provision of WASH products and services;
- Improve provision and management of multiple use water services;
- Improve the enabling environment for equitable delivery of WASH Services.
The PD/CoP will be the primary contact and representative between the program and USAID, local government, partners and all other key stakeholders. Position will include providing oversight in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting. Additionally, the PD/CoP will work to integrate other JSAID projects, U.S. Government sponsored activities, local government agencies and ministries to achieve expected results. The Program Director/Chief of Party will based in Dakar, Senegal.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of day to day in country project planning and implementation to achieve performance targets and ensue programming meets national and international standards.
- Development of strategic partnerships and promotion of a common vision among diverse partners to support program objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to the consortium partners engaged on the project, arranging meetings, preparing agendas, facilitation sessions, documenting outcomes and following up on actions and decisions made by the PMG.
- Provide oversight and consolidation for the financial management and reporting for the program, including the submission of timely and accurate performance and financial’ reports.
- Monitors budget utilization and ensures proper financial management and utilization of funds as per annual plans and commitments made to donors and government, and that appropriate revisions and adjustments are made when needed.
- Represent NRCE and its members in civil society and government network participates in relevant steering, advisory and working groups.
- Support the development of new program initiatives. Participate and/or lead in the development of concept papers and/or proposals.
- Ensure that core values, policies, procedures are dearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning of the program and that information to monitor program progress and organizational performance, including periodic audits, is collected and used for organizational learning, decision making and reporting, and for promoting innovations.
- Assess client, stakeholder and staff satisfaction and respond accordingly.
- Provide ongoing supervision and staff management as lead of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Act as main liaison with USAID contracting officer representative and contracting officer.
- Provide oversight and support to ensure the peer and supervisory support necessary for successful task order implementation, timely and cost control and timely issues identification and resolution.
- Responsible to develop and ensure timely reporting to USAID.
- Ensure compliance within management plans, contracts, reporting, security and results.
- A minimum of -15 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of projects in fields related to WASH; local governance and private sector capacity building for improvement of water and sanitation services; and behavior change promotion.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and proposal development skills.
- Evidence of strong communication skills in English, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill diverse technical and managerial requirements.
- Fluency in written and spoken French.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field: environmental or civil engineering, public health, business administration, environmental studies, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and collaborative interactions with local governments, donors, organizations, partners and the public.
- Proven ability to convene/chair high profile meetings.
- Experience or knowledge of current WASH status in Senegal or other African countries.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes/CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th October, 2015