An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following:
Job Title: Program Development Manager
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Development Manager reports to the Country’s Program Director and will provide technical leadership and oversight to the Yobe State Program Manager and Community Development Facilitators, who will assist in activity development, activity implementation oversight and reporting.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the overall program development strategy for Yobe State through constant news monitoring, contact USG partners, other donors, and regional staff;
- Train and manage the Yobe State Program Manager, and oversee recruitment, training, and management of Community Development Facilitators (CDFs);
- Manage processes and pipeline of Yobe State activity development and maintain overall responsibility for proposal submission, data entry, development of proposal content and finalization of budgets to ensure continually high standard of objectives, focus, accuracy, efficiency and feasibility of grants to be approved;
- Ensure that activity implementation is in accordance with USAID rules and regulations and Creative policies and procedures;
- Identify, review and manage lessons learned and best practices for program activities through thorough completion of Final Evaluation Reports to conclude project activities;
- Coordinate with Reporting and Communications team to provide inputs to weekly reports and success story products to donor;
- Respond to requests from the client as needed;
- Initiate and manage after-action reviews in coordination with Investigation and Compliance team as needed for activities after close-out.
- Oversee the programmatic implementation and monitoring of each activity in coordination with providers, through Community Development Facilitators and in coordination with the program’s Grant & Procurement Manager. Also ensure the non-partisan implementation of each activity and the achievement of outputs as stated in the activity agreement using secondary sources of information;
- Input to grant and procurement award processes to ensure that activity deliverables are achieved, including drafting scopes of work for service providers and implementing partners, evaluating and approving technical deliverables and setting deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of project outputs;
- Gather lessons learned from the M&E teams and periodically incorporate these into a revised Yobe State program strategy, and work with PDMs from Borno and Adamawa States to ensure lessons learned are incorporated across the program, resulting in overall improved project design;
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) working in complex and challenging field operational contexts
- University degree in political science, development or other related social sciences field is required; Master’s desired;
- Previous experience working in Yobe State is mandatory;
- Willingness to travel to Yobe State up to 50% of the time;
- Strong analytical, organizational and communications capacity; and
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills in both English and Hausa.
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have community-level engagement is required;
- Familiarity with policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems and grants management at international organizations is required;
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents before 30th October, 2015:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter.
PO Box # 20350
ATTN: Human Resources Office
Abuja FCT, Nigeria.
Or to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted