Established in 2000, in India, SAPPIER TEXTILE is a manufacturer and exporter of cotton, textiles, coolmax etc. Sappier Textiles excels in all stages of textiles productions. Its versatile production facilities are vertically integrated, from spinning and weaving to dyeing and finishing, to making apparel. It has international presence in a number of foreign countries, including the likes of Russia, Spain, Singapore, and many more. We develop designs, manufacture and market high quality apparel goods. We are known for our high quality products in all our areas of business.
Our Nigeria Market is our pride of great joy, our Office is located in Lagos
Job Title: Procurement Officer
1. The incumbent is responsible for transactional processing of purchase orders for goods.
– During the process the incumbent liaises with counterparts in regional offices or in headquarters.
– This process deals with creation of PO from an approved requisition, capturing supplier related information on the goods PO and creation of shipping instructions.
– The Procurement team manually check for the requisition lines assigned for them.
– The Procurement Assistant completes the packing information on the goods PO and checks if the supplier is also the forwarder.
2. The incumbent is responsible for transactional processing of purchase orders for services.
3. The incumbent is responsible for the recording of receipt of goods indicating ownership of goods by the organisation
4. Period close – The incumbent assists the Lead, Procurement in period closure procedures and reporting.
5. Participate in working groups in order to improve standard operation procedures in the service centre and participate in policy working groups when required, working together with team and counterparts to implement new policies.
-Completion of secondary school education or its equivalent
– Certified training in procurement or a related subject area.
– Knowledge of procurement procedures
– Ability to work independently.
– Ability to use computer systems pertaining to the treatment and processing of procurement, namely the Global Management System.
– Ability to handle and prioritize a high volume of notifications, transactions and reporting needs
– At least 8 years of relevant experience of which at least 2 years experience of procurement
– 6 years with a relevant first level University Degree.
– 5 years with a relevant Advanced University Degree.
– Advanced knowledge and experience using Oracle e-business suite
– A sound knowledge of best practices of procurement and guidelines provided by IAPSO or other leading procurement
Years of Experience
Experience (6 – 10 years)
This vacancy is open to candidates in the local commuting area Lagos, Oyo, Ogun
Method of Application:
Qualified candidates should forward all details to [email protected],
ONLY candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Application Closing Date