Productive People was founded in 2014 in partnership with 2 of the UKâ€™s leading recruitment consultancies providing contract, retained and permanent recruitment solutions to the global market place. Productive People specialises in supplying the most productive people available in all major economic sectors.
Job Title: Procurement Engineer
- Vendor evaluation
- Vendor regulation
- Sourcing for the best price and good quality.
- Negotiating with Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
- Make sure that what is being requested is what is needed for a certain task
- Cross check the requested materials agains a Bill of Quantity and drawings
- Checking on site on what is being used and what is being implemented.
- Prepare reports to management to summarise findings and agreement.
- CONTROL all the requisitions requested either by the quantity surveyor or the site engineer as well the materials delivered to site.
- Follow client standards and procedures for inspection, documentation requirements, delivery requirements etc.
- Follow up on material delivery and documentation requirement
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Procurement/buyer role in an EPC/construction industry
- Knowledge of building and finishing materials
- Good negotiation skills.
- Market knowledge in sourcing of materials and services
- IT skills in MS-office and in ERP procurement module preferably SAP R/3 in materials and
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply