Procter & Gamble Nigeria is the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette, Oral B just to name a few. We have been in existence for over 176 years globally and 21 years in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Distributor Market Manager
Requisition Number: SLS00000126
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Important note to be read:
- Due to P&G’s announcement of its intention to divest the Duracell business to Berkshire Hathaway, this role is specific to the Duracell business. Successful candidates will be part of the Duracell team.
- Upon the anticipated closing, it is expected that successful candidates will be employed by the Duracell business, together with other employees supporting Duracell.
- Building the Business
- Overall tracks NOS, volume, budgets, sales fundamentals, forecasting, participates in Joint Business Planning with the Distributor, DSO; category master and SPOC for the market: Recommends improvement areas across DPSM measures.
- Distributor Operations Leader for the markets’ distributors across all channels
- JBP and True Scorecard
- Distributor assessment (selection, development, termination, transition)
- Responsible for recommendations to Cluster Leader regarding investments, brand expansion, G2M across the markets in charge
- Compliance and stewardship
- Markets Strategy
- Ensure the brand gets the right focus at distributor level (key account, sales force, marketing, supply)
- Leverage distributor scale to maximize channel coverage and optimize SBD implementation
- Develop G2M model to win disproportionately in each channel
- Building Capability
- Build distributor capability in four priority areas
- Duracell business model
- Key Account selling / sales force
- Trade Marketing
- Category knowledge
- Channel expertise
- Drive effectiveness – Distributor systems and process interface
- Process Ownership
- Distributor: Quarterly review covering shipments, IMS, pay score, DPSM
- Market: monthly letter to cover Regional fundamentals and market dynamics (incl. competition)
- Forecast Input: Tracks and analyses forecast in monthly review
- Should likely not own budget
- B.Sc. qualification.
- Minimum 5 years Sales/Management experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online