Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Problem Manager Job Opportunity at Ericsson
Job Position: Problem Manager
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Is responsible for the complete process adherence and handling of problems according to SLAs/OLAs/WLAs
- Is accountable for the delivery of Root Cause Analysis and problem resolution within given target duration
- Is responsible for acting as an escalation point to expedite problem resolution
- Is responsible for coordinating problem resolution involving internal support groups, vendors, suppliers, customers and managing any roadblocks
- Ensures that necessary reports (e.g. RCA, reviewed Major Incident, etc.) are delivered
- Ensures quality of Known Error record and the Knowledge Database
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, 3rd parties, etc. to ensure timely problem resolution and contractual fulfillment and involves Supplier Management when necessary
- Conducts Post Mortem Resolution Review of critical incidents and problems and supports the follow up of their activities together with Customer Operations Manager, Service Delivery Manager or MSIP Operations Assurance.
- Ensures that Problem Management KPIs are reported and their targets met
- Drive and facilitate identification of permanent solutions to eliminate the causes or workarounds to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
- Raise RFC for clearing known errors and solution is found and work closely with Change Management to ensure correct resolution for the raised changes
- Monitor progress on the resolution of Known Errors and follow-up on the corrective actions implementations. Request Post Implementation Reviews is necessary.
- Ensure all problem management activities are documented in ONE TM Problem Management or Problem Management Tool and maintain updated records in the Known Error Database.
- Proactive in identification of possible problems before incidents occur. In order to achieve this, alarms, tickets, incident trend analysis can be performed.
- Track and communicate status of problem resolution efforts. Report RCA conclusions and support reporting activities.
- Work closely with process teams to develop and maintain up to date Problem Management procedures and Job Aids
- Ensure SLA Fulfillment for all the problem management related activities.
- Develop and promote the effective functioning of problem management activities across all of GSC areas.
- Work closely and support Incident Management process activities. Ensure the same categorization, impact and priority coding systems are used for effective and consistent communication in order to facilitate the trending analysis for proactive identification of problems.
- Provide coaching to 1st and 2nd Level Assurance teams, support teams and business users on processes and problem tracking tools and tasks.
- Root Cause Analysis reports
- Problem Management Input in Major Incident Reports
- Known Errors
- Problem Management performance/governance reports
- Documented Problem Tickets
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex systems, holistic approach.
- Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge sharing skills by actively contributing knowledge, experience and skills to create a learning culture
- Continual Service Improvement approach
Soft Skills Profile
- Self-driven, self-motivated, ambitious, effective, and efficient in customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills in a high paced environment
- Proven ability to build relationships and work across matrix teams, building consensus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent documentation skills including high functioning use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of Enterprise Level applications and infrastructures supported by IT teams.
- Knowledge (accreditation) of the ITIL V3 framework
- Good English communication skills, clear, concise, both verbal and written
- Proven effective coordinator and facilitator skills.
- Project Management knowledge would be a plus.
Degree within Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of experience as 1st / 2nd Level Assurance Operations in an operations/services/technology environment.
- Good understanding of the Ericsson Service Delivery Processes for Managed Services and Hosting
- Good understanding of New MSTOP processes and definitions, of MSDP tools and of the MS Governance Model.
- Ability to track tasks, make assignments, and deliver on commitment dates.
- Effectively interact with various levels of management and customers
- ITIL Problem Management experience is a plus
- ITIL Foundation Certification is a plus.
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Competency in process development, execution, and administration
- Strong root cause analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Telecom (Radio, Access, Core, Transport)
- Knowledge of IS/IT applications and software development lifecycles
- Project Management basic knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online