PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
We are looking for experienced consultants to assist our clients to realize competitive advantage from their operations. Specific areas of focus include Operations optimization, Operating model design, Process analysis and design, Supply chain optimization, Cost management, Financial Analysis, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategy development & Project/Program Management.
PricewaterhouseCooper is recruiting to the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Operation (Consulting)
Reference Number: 125-NIG00102
Consultant Role Description
- The Consultant role is the power-house of the team – integral to the project, taking a “get it right first time” approach to research, analysis and output.
- The Consultant’s key role involves ensuring sound data collection and analysis, interviewing, presenting and supporting the manager in basic project management tasks. Consultants will also apply these skills and drive outside the project environment to support and develop our practice.
- The Consultant must be able to develop relationships within and outside the firm that aid successful delivery of assignments.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Delivery & Management
Business & Industry analysis:
- Keeps abreast of industry issues (e.g. regulation, drivers, threats etc.), understands their relevance to assigned projects and forms an opinion on target/client business.
- Forms an opinion/point of view and articulates client’s issues/current state from available documentation e.g. strategy document, business plan, procedures manuals, organograms etc.
Data gathering and handling:
- Able to scope and execute primary research using relevant research providers.
- Aware of key sources of data – where to find it, how to access it etc. – and able to identify/find new sources of data specific to a given project (incl. market sources and previous projects).
- Sense-checks and validates research and work output with other data sources.
- Presents data accurately and completely – “Right first time” approach.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Communicates effectively with team members – e.g. changes to hypotheses, data problems, new issues, timing
- Aware of alternative methods for data gathering e.g. interviewing to verify/supplement published market research.
- Aware of all internal and external data sources and their limitations.
- Able to synthesize key messages and trends and their implications for the client from large volumes of data (client/external).
- Understands drivers of revenue and profitability.
- Understands key ratios – e.g. profitability margins.
- Able to perform basic analysis of financial statements, business plans etc. to understand key organizational drivers, trends, plans etc.
- Can set up clear, easy to follow and fully sourced spreadsheets.
- Data manipulation using simple formula and techniques – e.g. vlookups, pivot tables.
- Able to construct basic models
Process Analysis & Design skills:
- Able to document and perform critical analysis of processes to identify gaps, redundancies, automation requirements and other improvement opportunities
- Able to map processes using basic process mapping tools e.g. Ms. Visio
- Adopts a professional approach to interviewing.
- Demonstrates good listening skills.
- Supports senior staff at meetings by having grasp of all data and findings – and framing opinions accordingly
- Designs interview program – identifying contacts, writing questionnaires.
- Contributes effectively to Client Team Meetings having the ability to present sections of findings internally.
Business & team development and Reporting:
- Identifies client issues and supports the team to pursue sales opportunities.
- Displays effective time management, prioritizes issues appropriately and meets agreed timelines.
- Shows good interpersonal skills and ability to manage/develop less experienced team members.
- Demonstrates agility in working on various sectors and varied/multiple projects
- Prepares concise, well written documents using appropriate business and technical language.
- Uses clear simple slides – using appropriate graphics e.g. Ms PowerPoint.
- Understands the operations consulting environment and roles of various parties within it.
- First Degree in relevant field
- MBA/MSc (with business/accounting/finance/operations orientation) is desirable
- ACCA or other accredited accounting qualification is desirable
- PMP or other project management certification is desirable
- Lean/Six-Sigma/ISO or other business process/quality-related certification is desirable
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Operations consulting in a professional services environment or three year relevant experience in a large/global organization.
- Experience working outside the Operations will be an added advantage.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relations with senior level clients and key industry contacts.
Demonstrated experience in any two of the following knowledge areas:
- Operations optimization
- Operating model design
- Financial analysis
- Project/Program Management
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience leading projects and diverse teams and Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Process analysis and design
- Supply chain optimization (covering Procurement, Logistics, and Inventory Management etc.)
- Cost management
Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of one of the following industries – Financial Services, Financial Technology, Consumer Markets, Government Agencies, Telecommunications, Energy
- Working knowledge and understanding of compliance and risk review procedures, business processes and internal controls
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th June, 2016.