Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization.
Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
JOB POSITION: Food Security & Livelihoods Distribution Officers
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Under the direct supervision of: FS Supervisor
Under the indirect supervision of: FSL Project Manager
Supervision of :
Under the overall supervision of: Field CoordinatorOVERALL MISSION
Under the direct supervision of the FS Supervisor, the Distribution Officer will organize, manage and implement distribution to beneficiaries, in keeping with PUI procedures and standards.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Under the responsibility of the PM, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of distributions.
- After distribution has taken place, calculate and confirm the number of households which benefited and the quantity of vouchers distributed.
- Gather and replace materials used during distribution.
- Respect PUI’s administrative procedures before, during, and after distribution.
- Vouchers distribution & awareness
- Identification of the suppliers on the market (raising awareness, selection, recording, partnership agreements)
- Ensure a follow-up of the stocks of the suppliers and collect the vouchers
- Define & ensure an awareness campaign with the beneficiaries and the supplier in respect with PUI procedures
- Implement distribution using PUI tools, in particular:
- Take part in the census and registration of beneficiaries
- Implement site distribution
- Recruit and train daily workers
- Delegate daily worker site tasks according to the team Leader’s instructions
- Supervise distribution to beneficiaries
- Ensure that each registered, identified beneficiary has benefited from distributions.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her PM Assistant.
- Pass on any information or problems concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- Collaborate with local administration and authorities.
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Archive distribution cards / censuses and lists of beneficiaries.
- Under the supervision of the PM Assistant, participate in the drafting of distribution reports
- Pass on any information regarding the distribution process
- Extract and pass on distribution statistics to the team supervisor and/or program manager
- Take part in seminars and training workshops relating to distribution tasks and to goal attainment.
- Report to the PM Assistant on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and good notions in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: Essential literacy.
- Work experience: Desirable six months of previous experience in Food Security and Livelihoods & cash transfers activites.
- Essential knowledge of basic mathematics
- Stress Management
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good knowledge of Aweil districts’ geography, willing to travel locally.
before 10th of May, 2016 by 5.00 PM