Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads in average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Mission: 6 Months
- In collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, and under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, The Warehouse Program Manager will supervise implementation and ensure proper management of the Warehouse programs in Nigeria. The Warehouse programs consist of warehousing facilities available for partner (ONGI, UN and IO….)
Task and Responsibilities
- Programs: He/She will ensure implementation and oversight of Warehouse programs under his/her responsibility. He/She coordinates the receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods/materials. He/She ensures compliance procedures and logistical tools for monitoring input / output for partner.
- Representation: He/She will represent the association to local partners, authorities and players involved in implementation of Warehouse programs.
- Safety and Security: He/She will assist in following safety and security rules on-base and will transmit all safety and security information to his/her supervisor.
- Strategy: He/She will assist in developing new operations as needed.
- Human Resources: He/She will supervise the Warehouse team (PUI employees and any day laborers).
- Logistics and Administration: He/She will oversee the logistic and administrative duties of the project(s) under his/her responsibility.
Specific Objectives and Linked Activities
Ensure Implementation and Oversight of Warehouse Program(s):
- He/She will plan activities and ensure that the activity schedule is followed. If there are major delays in project implementation, He/She will immediately inform his/her supervisor and propose solutions to remedy the situation.
- He/She will oversee implementation of monitoring and/or evaluation, depending on the needs of the project(s). He/She will analyze and transmit information collected to his/her supervisor. Depending on the project(s) and/or information collected, he/she will produce and disseminate monitoring and evaluation reports to the relevant persons.
- He/She will ensure proper archiving of all documents produced for the project(s) and that the verification sources cited in the proposals are available.
- He/She will send internal and external reports to his/her supervisor by the internal approval (SITREP) deadline and external contractual (project report) deadline.
- He/She will approve technical selections for the project(s).
- He/She will ensure the Warehouse program(s) under his/her responsibility are running smoothly and ensure that the objectives defined in his/her project propositions are met. Above all, he/she will follow directions given, report to his/her supervisor, report any obstacles encountered during implementation and propose improvements or changes if necessary.
- He / She ensures that storage sites are appropriate to the needs of partner and goods store (location, design, security, safety …) and that the procedures, management processes and tools are in place and respected .
- He / She makes regular inventories to share with partners.
- He / She attends meetings of the logistics cluster to make a point if necessary with logistics coordinators partners to inform them of the state of stock and future supplies.
- He / She performs weekly inventory tracking and diffuse the partners.
B.) Dispatch / Movements:
- He / she plans and supervises the dispatch items towards partners
- He / she organizes the flow of goods, ensures the reception quality and quantity of expected properties and performs physical checks of stored goods. He / She is attentive to expiry dates, where applicable.
- He / She ensures the proper referencing of movement / transfer documents.
- He / she transmits to the Logistics Coordinator inventory reports on a monthly basis
Supervise the Warehouse Team:
- He/She will familiarize him-/herself with PUI mission bylaws and ensure that they are understood and followed by the team.
- He/She will implement mechanisms for coordinating his/her own team and organize their supervision.
- He/She will identify his/her team’s training needs (organizational, methodological or technical support; training, etc.) and fulfill them.
- He/She will develop his/her team’s organizational chart and have it approved by the Field Coordinator.
- He/She will develop job descriptions for his/her team members, have them approved by the Field Coordinator and actively participate in recruitment (interview, testing, etc.). He/She will participate in the decision to end a team member’s work contract.
- He/She will ensure that each person is evaluated in writing at least once per contract and per year and, at a minimum, before he/she leaves the job.
Oversee Logistics and Administration of Warehouse Program(S):
- He/She will present the program needs to the Field Coordinator depending on the available budget.
- He/She will communicate to the Field Coordinator weekly his/her needs in terms of vehicles and communication equipment and materials for program implementation.
- Each month, he/she will provide the Field Coordinator with all the information necessary to develop provisional funding for his/her program(s).
- Each month, he/she will have an updated budget follow-up for the programs under his/her responsibility, and he/she will assist in analyzing it, detecting any discrepancies and proposing adjustments to the Field Coordinator.
- He/She will consider the mission’s time and logistics constraints as well as the program’s purchasing procedures to ensure that his/her request is realistic given the time needed to obtain supplies.
- He/She will assist in analyzing vendor offers for purchases with highly technical specifications and carry out the necessary compliance tests.
- He/She will actively participate in developing invitations to tender, in cooperation with the mission’s Logistics Coordinator if necessary.
Represent PUI to Warehouse Player:
- He/She will represent the association to local players involved in implementation of Warehouse programs and ensure that good relationships are maintained with each of them (within PUI’s principles of neutrality and independence).
- With the agreement of the base owner, he/she will attend and actively participate in any coordination meetings held on Warehouse matters.
- In the event of visits by Donors, he/she will actively help prepare for and assist in the visit.
Ensure the Safety of Person and Property:
- He/She will ensure that the safety and security plan is understood by the team under his/her responsibility and that the safety and security rules are followed.
- He/She will ensure that the project(s), methodology and selection criteria do not endanger aid recipients, PUI members or anyone else. He/She will immediately alert the Field Coordinator if teams or aid recipients are in danger.
- He/She will ensure that his/her team members and any day laborers have the proper safety equipment for their activities (for example, helmets, safety shoes, protective vests, gloves, etc).
- He/She will help collect information on the safety and security of his/her region of operations and send it to the Field Coordinator regularly or ad hoc in case of emergency.
Contribute to the Development of New Proposition:
- Along with the Field Coordinator, he/she will help identify Warehouse needs.
- When developing new operations, he/she will help the Field Coordinator prepare the Warehouse portion of project propositions.
- He/She will help develop the mission’s strategy.
Number of people to manage and their position (expatriate/local staff)
- Direct management
- Indirect management
- Logistic + Project Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of project management
- Team Management
- Warehouse/transport Management
- Understanding of institutional donor (OFDA, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) procedures
- Other (please specify)
- Pack Office
- Other (to be specified).
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment):
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative and responsibility
- High stress tolerance
- Ability to make proposals and find solutions
- Ability to work and manage people in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to take into consideration the local environment and its political, economic and historical aspects
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Good analytic ability
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
Month Gross Income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates at: [email protected] with the following subject: « WarehouseProgMana-NGA ».
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.