Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED), a leading multi-million dollar Company in the Electrical Power and Construction Sectors and has a highly skilled and motivated workforce of over 300 employees, who are committed to the client’s quest to be the No. 1 and preferred African owned electricity solutions provider in Africa.
We are committed to growing profitably and sustainably while providing its customers with an efficient and reliable supply of power.
To achieve this, Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company needs passionate, motivated and smart professionals, who share our values and our vision; to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Communications
Job Summary /Objective:
- Provide leadership in the achievement of PHED objectives through the provision of a comprehensive strategic communications function.
- Develop a strategic and integrated communication (internal and external) function for PHED with supporting policies and frameworks.
- Foster and maintain strong professional working relationships with key stakeholders to understand and meet their communication requirements and manage their expectations.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: All corporate communication staff
Works with: : All staff
External relationships: Customers, Stakeholders, Journalists
Job Duties/Responsibilities or Accountability:
- Leads team members of the Corporate Communications department to execute all communication, objectives and business activities of the company in collaboration with all departments.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders in order to ensure proper dissemination of the communication and customer services of the company
- Proactively cultivates relationships with internal and external stakeholders organisation that will promote the business and reputation of the company
- Internally ensure that employees are aware of changes and projects within the company by distributing executive messages, preparing presentations and internal memos, conduct meetings to share information.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the Corporate Communications department to facilitate the achievement of the companys vision
- Building and sustaining good relationships between the Company and its customers. This is achieved through planned publicity campaigns and public relations activities.
- Organize and implement internal and external communications initiatives that enhance corporate image and reputation,
(Excel, Proficient, Competent, Gap)
Human Resource Management – Develops and manages rewards system to recognize the impact of employee contributions to the organization; Demonstrates a nose for talent by making personnel decisions based upon promotion criteria, position requirements, and performance, Demonstrates a nose for talent by making personnel decisions based upon promotion criteria, position requirements, and performance
Technology Management – Improves ability of company to for service delivery and gather and act on data from stakeholders by using internet, networking and related IT tools ;Improves company productivity by expanding the use of existing IT applications for use by customers and staff -Level 3
Process, Project & Risk Management – Continuously improves processes using appropriate methodologies such as Six Sigma and uses them appropriately; Completes projects on time, within budget and to scope, Identifies risks that could adversely affect project execution, e.g. contractual obligations, safety requirements or customer satisfaction-Level 3
Strategic Orientation – Is a visionary and a long-term planner. Implements strategic objectives for the organization by anticipating future consequences and trends ,Conducts review of the business mission and gathers information from relevant sources to support development of, or modifications to the strategic plan-Level 3
Leadership – Notices and shows appreciation when expected results and behaviours are realized ,Involves team members in defining ways to achieve desired results and defining expectations about how team members will work together ;Uses a range of leadership styles appropriate to different people and situations –Level 3
Financial Management – Follows designated procurement system and process to deliver projects/initiatives within time and budgetary constraints, Ensures financial commitments and deadlines are met by facilitating and assessing processes, situations, and issues and takes corrective action, as needed; Considers implications of financial decisions and suggests methods for meeting needs of staff and the organization overall – Level 3
(Excel, Proficient, Competent, Gap)
- Safety Awareness – Level 3
- Industry Principles and Concepts – Level 3
- Environmental Laws & Regulations – Level 3
- Quality Control/Continuous improvement – Level – 3
- Trouble shooting – Level 3
- Strong influencing, written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Good problem solving abilities
- Must be numerical
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and within established budgets.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including proofreading, grammar, and spelling. Able to write clearly and informatively, and vary writing style for the audience.
Functional Years of Experience:
At least 8years work practical experience as a brand mgr., communication mgr. perception mgr. or corporate affairs manager
- Experience in Media, communication or Journalism.
- NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalist)
- BSc Mass communication or equivalent.
- MBA or relevant Post Graduate degree
- Office, Field
- Hours of work is 8.00am – 5.00pm. 40 hours + per week.
- Due to the nature of the job, extreme flexibility in relation to working hours may be necessary.
- Overtime is required when job exigencies arise
- May travel to attend Public Relations events and conferences and to meet customers and stakeholders.
- International travel is required to update knowledge.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply