Our Company NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 13 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 59 warehouses and distribution centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Plant Engineer
Job Reference: PE/07/2015
Functional areas: Engineering
Department: Supply Chain
The Plant Engineer reports to the Plant Manager and the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Leads a technically thorough team of maintenance controllers and technicians to deliver on all KBIs to ensure line availability and reliability.
- Scoping and delivering cost saving ideas and improvements to manufacturing methodologies within the business.
- Defines root cause and implements solutions to equipment and process related non conformance situations.
- Uses standard manufacturing maintenance, engineering and project management tools and processes to enable special improvement projects to be delivered on time, to cost, to quality to ensure identified benefits are released.
- From hands-on experience and working with QA/Prod, helps in defining process equipment requirements and specifications based on process requirements, safety requirements and internal customer needs.
- Assists in determining the budget to support maintenance requirements.
- Proposes and implements formal and On the Job for associates career growth Measures and evaluate equipment efficiencies, downtime and assist in development of maintenance plans Mentors and assists Maintenance Controllers in best practices to develop future successor.
Desired candidate profile
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent Diploma (advanced technical degree).
- Min. 7 years experience in a technical position and demonstrable management abilities.
- Experience in improvement project management tools like Kaizens, 5Ys, AFF, DMAIC, FITs etc within a demanding manufacturing environment with demonstrable success in delivering to costs, quality and time parameters. Proven familiarity with budgeting including R.E procedures.
- Familiarity with the introduction of new lines/ cost reduction initiatives within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing methodologies. Understanding of GHK and GMP.
- Experience in major automated bottling line operations.
- Ability to identify, raise and push for approval appropriate CAPEX wish list for engineering equipment upgrades.
- Understanding of business case preparation and basic financial analysis tools.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 17th July, 2015