The Candel Company Limited is Nigeria’s leading crop yield advancement and protection company. As a result of growth and the need to strengthen our current team, we need exceptional individuals with the right qualifications, mentality, drive and experience to join our team of agronomy and other professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Planning and Procurement Manager
Planning and Procurement Manager
Reports to: Head of Logistics and Finance
Direct reports are: Purchasing Executive
- Policies, Develop planning policies, including inventory policy, and categorization of finished goods and raw materials and align with the system integration.
- Inventory Management: Manage stock levels within agreed policy levels for materials and finished goods.
- Production planning, taking account of demand planning, supply chain policy, capacity limitations, and other production constraints.
- Materials Requirements Planning. Create and maintain the materials requirements plan. Establish material safety stock and reorder levels with accurate lead times. Implement stock plans to achieve stock targets on materials and finished goods.
- Master Production Scheduling. Implement site run strategies aiming best asset and service utilization based on dynamic demand signals.
- Distribution Requirements Planning / Replenishment
- Contingency Planning. Evaluating Risks and Opportunities, Creating Contingencies and Making Decisions
- Capacity Management & Planning
- Demand Planning. Manage the demand planning process for the appropriate category(ies) for 0 – 24 months, in weekly buckets; focusing on eliminating bias and improving forecast accuracy. Providing input into company-wide demand planning processes & continuous improvement initiatives in this area.
- Forecasting. Developing forecasts for existing and new products using planning software and/or statistical modeling tools. Driving event forecasting with teams directly responsible for it as well as ensuring buy-in from broader stakeholders
- Production Scheduling – Develop and maintain production schedule.
- Budget,Plan, advise and manage annual purchasing budget.
- Department. Develop and manage the Purchasing Department including setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Sourcing: Supplier identification, tendering, bid evaluation, contract negotiation, SLAs, supplier management. To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards.
- Contract Negotiation. To participate in negotiation of contract terms on a range of central contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts.
- Procurement of materials, packaging and non-production items: To actively promote and encourage the use of procurement “best practice” theory, practice, processes and procedures to deliver both efficiency and tangible procurement savings across procurement activities.
- Lead ERP projects, integration of Navision manufacturing module to support MRP and MPS. Establish MRP, MPS, and Capacity planning processes and align with the system integration.
- Forecasting Development. Development and refining of the forecasting process, models and tools leading to improved accuracy. Responsible for generating and improving the demand forecasts for the business by using a range of methods, including base forecasting
- S&OP. Planning & Purchasing lead for S&OP
- Drive the Demand and Supply Management elements of Sales & Operational Planning process with an extended team and identify key risks & opportunities. Presenting the rolling plan to the Category team.
- Complexity Management – regularly review sku portfolio with extended teams (customer, finance and supply chain) and make appropriate recommendations.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Experience: 5 years working experience in Planning, Production and Procurement related activities in a make to stock environment.
- Sound knowledge and experience in supply planning, demand planning, production scheduling and inventory management.
- ERP: Sound understanding of ERP usage and management.
- Leadership & Management: Able to lead, train, develop & motivate a purchasing and planning team to international best practice standards.
- Education & Training. B.Sc.Second Class (Hons.), Upper Class Division in a science related discipline; an MBA will be an added advantage
- Interpersonal. Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to form strong professional relationships based upon mutual trust and respect.
- ERP – Expertise and experience in Navision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application, detailed and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]