The Population Council Is An International, Nonprofit, Nongovernmental Institution That Seeks To Improve The Well-being And Reproductive Health Of Current And Future Generations Around The World And To Help Achieve a Humane, Equitable, And Sustainable Balance Between People And Resources. The Council Conducts Biomedical, Social Science, And Public Health Research And Helps Build Research Capacities In Developing Countries. Established In 1952, The Council Is Governed By An International Board Of Trustees. Its New York Headquarters Supports a Global Network Of Country Offices.
The Population Council provides equal opportunity; decisions on employment are based on an individual’s qualifications as related to the position for which s/he is being considered. The Council especially encourages applications from qualified women and members of minority groups. The Population Council is international in the composition of its board of trustees and its staff, as well as in the nature and deployment of its activities
JOB TITLE: Pharmacist
Type: Contract Full-Time
The candidate for this position will set up and manage the day-to-day running of a pharmacy in a newly established community-based outpatient clinic for men who engage in high behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Contribute significantly to the setting up of a pharmacy in the community-based clinic.
2. Responsible for the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
3. Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information obtained is complete and accurate.
4. Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
5. Maintain proper inventory of medications and supplies
6. Ensure that patient records are kept confidential
7. Answer telephones, responding to questions and requests
8. Fill bottles of prescribed medications and type and affix labels
9. Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the Doctor for further medical or medication information.
10. Ensure that all pharmacy related reports are submitted in a timely manner.
11. Undertake any additional activities such as clerical and administrative functions as identified by your Supervisor
• Level of Education – Level of Education –minimum B.Pharm. or equivalence MD, Masters of Public Health, a related field
• General Communication , Supervisory &Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
• Language Requirements – English – Excellent
• Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
• Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
• Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3-5 years
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply