The Population Council is a not-for-profit organization that performs biomedical, public health, and social science research. The organization focuses on areas such as HIV and AIDS; poverty, gender, and youth; and reproductive health. Specifically, it conducts research on sociological topics like gender inequality, population trends, and sexuality education; it also assists international governments with policy and program development as they pertain to these issues. The Population Council has more than 15 offices in more than 60 countries around the world. It is typically funded by governments, foundations, individuals, and other organizations. The council was founded in 1952 by John D. Rockefeller III.
Job Title: Pharmacist
The candidate for this position will set up and manage the day-to-day running of a pharmacy in a newly established community-based outpatient clinic for men who engage in high behaviors that predispose them to increased risks of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Contribute significantly to the setting up of a pharmacy in the community-based clinic.
2. Responsible for the day-to-day running of the pharmacy
3. Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information obtained is complete and accurate.
4. Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
5. Maintain proper inventory of medications and supplies
6. Ensure that patient records are kept confidential
7. Answer telephones, responding to questions and requests
8. Fill bottles of prescribed medications and type and affix labels
9. Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the Doctor for further medical or medication information.
10. Ensure that all pharmacy related reports are submitted in a timely manner.
11. Undertake any additional activities such as clerical and administrative functions as identified by your Supervisor
• Level of Education – Level of Education –minimum B.Pharm. or equivalence MD, Masters of Public Health, a related field
• Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
• Ability to travel within and outside Nigeria
• Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 3-5 years
• General Communication , Supervisory &Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
• Language Requirements – English – Excellent
Interested in this position, Click Here to Apply