Pepkor Africa an online marketing company, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager (PEP Stores Nigeria)
Purpose of the Position
- To manage the total retail operations of Pep Nigeria to create sustainable growth for the business by increasing sales and profitability and ensuring alignment with and execution of the Pepkor Africa strategy and centralized business model.
- Manage and adhere to all statutory requirements and country legislation related to a retail business in Nigeria
- Liaise with Governmental and Legal entities on business, labour, marketing and property related matters
- Sales: Ensure that Pep Nigeria meets sales targets, with the support from functional and operational teams
- Property actions: Link with Pepicor Properties to drive footprint expansion (growth in trading space) by means of new stores, revamps and store expansions
- Cost Management: Manage the total cost of doing business
- Risk Management: Minimize risk by managing the prevention of stock losses/shrinkages in the stores as well as financial risks for the business
- Profitability: Improve the total profitability and long-term strategic positioning of Pep Nigeria
- General Management: Manage the total business with more than 33 retail outlets and 1 distribution centre
- People Management: Manage a large team of senior functional leaders and liaise with the Executive team in South Africa to ensure that all functional areas in the business perform efficiently.
Job Incumbent Requirements
- A relevant Diploma/Degree or prior learning in Business Management
- Strong commercial / business sense
- Strong change management skills and leadership capabilities to function successfully in a diverse and chalIengin environment
- Willingness to travel extensively within and outside Nigeria
- At least 7 years’ Retail experience at a middle / senior management level
- Computer literacy: Advanced level of Office Software and business systems
- General management; Leadership; Communication; Interpersonal; Analytical; Problem solving; Decision making; Build and maintain healthy business relationships; Commercial
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a comprehensive CV (MS Word format ) and Application letter to Gerhard Ferreira via: [email protected] indicating the position applied for in the subject line of the mail.
- If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful
- Pepkor Africa strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equIty guidelines.