Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Passive and Active Partner Governance Manager Vacancy at Airtel Nigeria
Job Position: Manager, Passive and Active Partner Governance
- Responsible for Passive and Active Partner Governance, follow up on major escalated failures until resolution, Control the implementation of all job orders that take place within the network, generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI, and follow through on all customer complaints.
- Validation/Auditing the processes and procedures across strategic partner operations
- Track SLA with strategic and non-Strategic partners to ensure compliance and impose penalty where applicable.
- Supervise software roll-out after first node implementation
- Audit Network configuration to ensure that all the nodes are running with latest software.
- Supervise and conduct acceptance test for all the new nodes to be integrated to the network.
- Leading/Guiding the MS team during hardware and software change implementation.
- Effective Management of Spare Process within the operations in order to ensure sustained network KPIs.
- Supervise all special events projects like improvement drives, festival target optimization (Charismas, EID & New Year etc), Bombed/burnt sites restoration.
- Project manages MS transition.
- Provide support for all RAN related issue coming from customer and Customer Service Delivery.
- Provide technical governance with Managed Services partners.
- Follow up on the reported problem.
- Ensure that all the services providers strictly follow the SLA and report any deviation.
- All network changes/configuration are documented and follow through.
- Provide regular update on the state of the network
- Sign off of all network outages
Prepare and manage the Annual Operating Plans (AOPs) OPEX (Operating Expenditure) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria (Financial):
- Prepare Annual Operating Plan compilation for active requirement for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Prepare annual budget for additional spares base on network dimension
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
- Measure KPIs of the Networks and report variance
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- At least 5 years Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Elements (Switching Systems, RAN, MPBN and SIGTRAN)
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, NSN etc.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit
- Getting it right the first time.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online