We will consider candidates who will be willing to be based in Johannesburg, Nairobi or Lagos.
In just eight years, YouTube has grown into a video community that 1 billion people across the globe use to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
Partner Technology Manager, YouTube
YouTube’s Partner Product Solutions Organization is dedicated to developing and managing the company’s largest and most strategic partnerships. We work with teams across YouTube to address our partners’ most pressing and complex technology challenges. As a Technical Account Manager, you’ll lead deployments, optimize implementations, and handle integrations to build strong, successful, long-term partnerships. You will also strive to solidify YouTube’s strategic partnerships across a variety of product lines that include e-commerce, music, devices, sports and many other new initiatives.
The Technology Manager job family is responsible for driving product strategy from pilot phase to final delivery, and for managing the overall technical execution and business operation of a product or business vertical. Technology Managers (TMs) are accountable for identifying technology-driven strategies for external products and internal tools (for Sales/Services) and for addressing technology-centric operational issues (such as, automating manual processes to minimize human error) to ensure product/business vertical operational efficiency. TMs are instrumental in improving existing operations, commercializing new solutions, and taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Identify, drive, and optimize the business flow from existing and new business opportunities by leveraging YouTube technologies.
- Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management and Engineering.
- Guarantee the technical aspects of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary documentation and technical guidance.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Engineering and client facing experience with coding experience.
- Experience partnering with mobile carriers and/or broadband operators in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong team player and a creative thinker.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here