Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager Project Operations – Nigeria
Purpose of Position
- For assigned projects, the Manager / Sr. Manager, Project Operations serves as part of the corporate management team.
- This team is responsible under the leadership of the Project Director and management of the Director, Project Operations for the management and delivery of projects.
- The specific purpose of the position is to manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
- The position periodically contributes to the development of policies, processes and procedures that align with best practice in project management.
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project
- Support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project
- Prepare and maintain project specific components of the project operations manual
- In collaboration with corporate services, provide training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters)
- Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts
- Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required
- Establish project levels of delegated authority in accordance with company policy and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required
- Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams
- Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations
- Facilitate field office leases
- Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes
- Report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants
- Participate in capture planning, providing inputs on operational requirements, including but not limited to the requirements for company registration and banking arrangements.
- In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project?s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and value for money (VFM) reporting
- Establish project offices and office infrastructure
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project work plans
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required
- In collaboration with Internal Audit/Systems Review, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls
- In collaboration with Treasury, set-up project bank accounts with appropriate company and project signatories
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (with a Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- A minimum of 7 to 9 years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s).
- Experience managing large and complex projects.
Key Competencies and Professional Expertise Require:
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th February, 2016.