Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.”
We are seeking highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer
- The Senior Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning Officer will provide oversight on all MERL activities for the project.
- The Senior Officer will ensure that monitoring systems meet the requirements of the donor and that performance results can be used for continuous improvement. Supervise the design and development of program specific Performance Monitoring Plans.
- The Senior MERI, Officer will adapt existing Pact Nigeria monitoring tools, as well as propose new ways of measuring change through the use of both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analysis of secondary data, and, where appropriate, remote monitoring techniques.
- S/he will strengthen staff and partners capacity in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation tools through comprehensive staff training and coaching.
- Postgraduate or Master degree in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Social Sciences, Measurement and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of intermediate and advanced Statistics and the ability Lu summarize, generalize, and make predictions from large data sets.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement program activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of active M&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of major aspects of program development. implementation and documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent Computer skills, including experience wide Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Epi-Info, Epi-Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL, and any other statistical packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to:[email protected] All CVs/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 16th November, 2015.