The Osun State Government of Nigeria was a beneficiary of a credit received from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Community and Social Development Project (CSOP) and as a result of its positive impacts on the lives of people of benefitting communities, the state has applied for Additional Financing (AF) to further the implementation of the project- CSDP. The objective of the project is to increase access of poor people to social and natural resources infrastructure services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. The CSDP Additional Financing (AF) will be implemented over a period of three (3) years.
The Osun State Agency for Community and Social Development Project, now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operation Manager
Location: Osun State
The Operations Manager shall be in-charge of:
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the operations department
- Supervising the processing of applications seeking SA funding and technical/management support.
- Ensuring the maintenance of records on all CDPs and micro-projects on a continuous basis; and passing on such information to the M & E department;
- Ensure that requisite assistance are rendered to communities as and when required.
- Liaising with relevant MDAs to provide technical and back-up support to communities
- Consolidating annual work plans and budget of the department
- Providing quarterly and annual projections for CDP and micro-projects implementation
- Ensuring conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward reports to the Project
- Management Committee for review based on set criteria;
- Providing overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of CDPs and micro projects by CPMCs;
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or HND in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualification experience
- Managerial experience and previous experience in rural development projects or extension services, use of computer as well as knowledge of Osun State terrain and local language shall be considered as an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their handwritten applications, current resume and credentials (10 copies) to:
The Chairman of the Board,
Osun State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (Osun CSDP),
Old Governor’s Office (now Ayegbaju International Market),
Note Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 17th February, 2016.