Origin Group is a twenty first century group of companies with varying deeply vested interests in key economic sector in Nigeria and China.
Origin Group operates in sectors such as agriculture, engineering & construction, trade advisory & trade outsourcing, manufacturing, import and export among others. We are an indigenous company with a fast track record owning significant market share with a growing clientele profile; our services are tailored towards client’s satisfaction with quality control assurance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager – Origin Furniture
Reports To: Director of Operations
- Responsible for achieving sales turnover, on time delivery of products and profit maximization.
- Create and maintain productive relationships with business partners and work cross-functionally with global partners to support key business initiatives
- Design and implement business strategies that would ensure the achievement of business goals
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance of H&S in accordance with best practice and legal requirement.
- Offer flexible and helpful customer service to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Manage change to meet current business requirements.
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support / improve job performance (experience, ability, competence)
- Ensuring that the appropriate systems and processes are in place to measure and manage staff performance and to coach and develop a high performance workforce
- Guides and monitors compliance with relevant company policies, procedures and regulatory provisions.
- Communicating with all the relevant people / departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved
- Managing the purchasing function / department to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and available for production when required.
- Managing the Inventory function /stock control to ensure raw material and product is receipted, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s stock inventory is accurate.
- Monitor & review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards.
- Ensure production/quality processes, equipment being used and the working environments are all conducive to producing a high quality product / service.
- University degree in architecture, interior decoration, wood technology or any other relevant discipline.
- Customer focused
- Takes initiative, implement and manage change in the business
- Excellent organisation experience and business administration skills in line with best practices.
- Commercial awareness
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- MS office proficiency.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience with at least 3 years in a similar role within the furniture industry
- MBA/MSC degree possession is an added advantage
- Demonstrate solid financial understanding of the business
- Self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 12th December, 2015