Origin Group is a twenty first century group of companies with varying deeply vested interests in key economic sector in Nigeria and China.
Origin Group operates in sectors such as agriculture, engineering & construction, trade advisory & trade outsourcing, manufacturing, import and export among others. We are an indigenous company with a fast track record owning significant market share with a growing clientele profile; our services are tailored towards client’s satisfaction with quality control assurance.
Origin Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager (Origin Automobile Works-OAW)
- Origin Automobile Works, a subsidiary of Origin Tech Group; specialises in assembly, sales, after sales and training of automobiles in the Agro and Agro allied industries in Nigeria.
- Plans and direct the activities of OAW to achieve stated goals and standards for financial and business performance
- Coordinate overall operations and profitability of the company
- Relates with external bodies on behalf of the company
- Manages group investment in the company to ensure targets margins are met
- Supports the SBU head in securing necessary funding for projects
- Reviews and reports regularly to the Director, Group subsidiaries on the performance of products, achieved business goals, and future development plans of OAW
- Investigates mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems, and liaises with suppliers to handle supply chain issues
- Takes responsibility for individual projects, manages associated budgets, production schedules and resources, and supervises quality control
- Guides and monitors compliance with relevant company policies, procedures and regulatory provisions.
- Discusses the approved business strategies and budgets with the management team and maps put plans for each unit that would ensure the achievement of business targets
- Reviews quotations from vendors and selects appropriate vendors for prompt delivery of services
- Works with other professionals within and outside the engineering field to implement operating procedures, resolves malfunctions, and provides technical information.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of quality management during the assembly process to make recommendations for improvements where necessary
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures, safety rules, work instructions and client’s requirements in the production process
- Proven expertise in heavy duty equipment leasing/sales
- Possession of a degree in engineering or business related discipline
- Innovative and a creative thinker
- Commercial awareness
- Customer relationship management
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Minimum of 6 years relevant industry experience in transportation & logistics management with emphasis in automobiles
- MBA/professional qualification is an added advantage
- Project Management skills
- Problem solving
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]