AS Operations West Africa Ltd. (ASO) is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Temporary Contractor – Administrative Assistant
- Based in Jigawa, this temporary position works within the Administrative Services Section of a mid-sized operational services company. Among our clients is a leading international advisory firm that works throughout the world to help reform and improve economies and institutions
- Contract pay rate is similar to an Administrative Services Level 6 on the established pay scale and contract duration is expected until the middle of December 2016.
- The contractor will be required to have a Tax Identification Number since taxes will be collected and remitted on their behalf with the appropriate tax authorities.
- This temporary mid-level administrative position provides support to management by carrying-out a coordinating role that ensures office operations are timely and are performed in an effective and efficient manner
- Tracking and prioritizing all incoming emails;
- Maintaining and tracking budgets;
- Scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes;
- Addressing telephone and email enquiries;
- Liaising with suppliers;
- Keeping diaries and arranging appointments;and
- Other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Above-average knowledge of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Above-average oral communication skills in Hausa and English;
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality at all times;
- A pleasant, confident telephone manner;
- Reliability and honesty; and
- Above-average oral and written communication skills in English;
Education and Experience
- A first level degree in Business Administration or Public Administration;
- Previous work experience in an administrative or secretarial role is required;
- Extensive experience with the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
Email your application package to: [email protected] Please note “Administrative Assistant – Jigawa” in the subject line.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted.
- If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered
Application Deadline 29th July, 2016 1600HRS WAT