AS Operations West Africa Ltd. (ASO), is a Nigeria-registered subsidiary of Adam Smith International (ASI). ASO provides operational support to three DFID-funded projects in Nigeria, i.e. NIAF, GEMS and ENABLE. Operational services include IT and Communications; Residential and Hotel Accommodations; Administrative Support; Domestic Ground and Air Transportation; International Travel and Protocol; and, Security Services.
AS Operations West Africa Ltd. (ASO) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Job Ref: 0701
- Based in Kaduna, this position works within the Accounting Services Section of a mid-sized operational services company. Among our clients is a leading international advisory firm that works throughout the world to help reform and improve economies and institutions
- This is an mid-level position which provides accounting support to the client by performing a number of financial tasks
- Salary is based on an established, posted pay scale. This position is classified as an Administrative Services Level 5
- Management of a payment voucher system;
- Remitting monthly PAYE to FIRS;
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Following up with clients on missing documentation;
- Maintaining a filing system; and
- Other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately transfer data from one source to another;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and effectively prioritize tasks; and
- Knowledge of the double entry principle of accounting.
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions;
- Knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and accounting procedures;
- Ability to use a personal computer and software applications especially Microsoft Word and Excel;
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting or any related field of study; and
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel and Word.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: [email protected] Please note “Accounting Assistant – Kaduna” in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education, Experience, Licensing and Certification qualifications;
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered
Application Deadline 16:00hrs; 15th January, 2017