We are a foremost indigenous major marketer of refined petroleum products with a strong presence in the thirty-six states of Nigeria and Abuja.
With well over 500 Forte Oil owned, dealer-assisted and dealer-developed retail outlets spread across the country, a major fuel storage installation at Apapa, Lagos, another major storage depot at Onne, Rivers State, an aviation joint users hydrant in Ikeja, Lagos, and joint aviation depots in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano, we are indeed a major marketer of choice in Nigeria.
Ideas don’t stay hot forever – make it happen!
Do you have what it takes to maximize the potential of your team- and your career?
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Operations Planner Job Vacancy At Forte Oil.
Job Title: Operations Planner
To monitor, plan and forecast products to meet consumer demand. The purpose is to increase efficiency, improve customer service, decrease waste and lower costs. In fulfilling the job duties, the Operations Planner will contribute to the bottom line and corporate sustainability, while ensuring the product customer want are readily available.
- Direct and coordinate the development of truck programming strategy and matrix with a view to maximizing efficiency in delivery operations and effective turnaround.
- Interface with the fleet business partners, dispatch and sales team to address issues that will affect timely delivery of products to customer location
- Ensure contractual stock holding at all vendor managed inventory (VMI) locations.
- Develop, implement and manage the day to day scheduling of local and bridging product request and monitor the prompt dispatch by the invoicing and dispatch officers at the terminals and depots.
- Ensure integrity of business controls and systems are effectively monitored.
- Ensure full compliance with all procedures and policy guiding the distribution departments’ activities
- Participate in the planning and execution of terminal operations as it affects product loading and on-time dispatches to customer locations.
- Provide management with report on Daily Supply Gap, End of sales week report and MPR.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The position requires someone that is highly analytical and possess a degree in social science with at least 5 years post NYSC experience with a certification in APICS or currently undergoing the certification.
Others essential skills and knowledge are:
- Experience with ERP systems preferably SAP ERP.
- Imports, SWAP, Ex-tanks and Depot lifting
- Thorough knowledge, preferably education in LEAN-management or similar ideologies.
- Advance use of Microsoft Excel.
- Fleet Programing and Scheduling
Internal: Distribution manager, Distribution team, Business operations team.
External: Service providers
How to Apply
Interested candidates whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV with subject:
System Audit Manager – FO/BAC/AUD/0815 or
Plant Maintenance Engineer – FO/ENG/MANT/0815
Operations Planner – FO/BO/DIST/0815