Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operational Risk Analyst
- Provide analytical support to the cluster Operations Control Hub in South Africa
- Perform selected centralized SSA control tests across all 11 countries
- Ensuring standardised operations control policies and procedures exist and in place across all SSA countries
- Liaise with the various control teams both at the division / region
- Escalate to top management noted control weakness or failures and proffer solutions
- Work with the Nigeria Operations Controls team
- Provide backup to other W/Africa Control teams
Objectives of the Position
- Ensuring that the digital controls (SCF platform) reviews are carried out timely
- Proactively highlight emerging risk to management with the aim implementing mitigating controls
- Ensure all Operational Procedures and policies of the Bank are adhered to
- Track all Operations review findings to resolution with evidences in file
- Ensuring that the number of KRIs are kept to the barest minimum by ensuring transactions posted by processing units are matched-off / reviewed promptly and follow-ups done as applicable
- Ensure that all deviations are renewed on an annual basis
- Prepare monthly activity plan.
- Ensuring that all scheduled reviews are done in a timely manner and that exceptions noted are escalated to top management and tracked to resolution.
- Ensure continuous team work amongst the team
- Daily preparation/review of Customers Auditors’ Confirmation request.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day functions of other employees in the unit and maintain the Proof Charts.
- Ensure that tasks are closed timely on Resolve IT.
- Daily users’ access maintenance on various applications and back-up for Cluster on Flex cube maintenance.
- EMEA BSER monitoring and reporting
- To establish and implement a follow-up process that will ensure that all exceptions noted in the course of reconciliation and digital reviewers are tracked until final resolution
- Ensuring that relevant operating units/ branches submit monthly over – aged open items report detailing action plan to resolve same
- Ensure effective and timely used of the Single Confirm Framework (SCF)
- Develop / update digital controls by ensuring that all relevant sections of the TOMS (TTS Operations Minimum standard) and other global and local policies are captured
- Ensure the adequacy of control measures.
- Update Desk manual annually or whenever there is a significant change in the way the job is done.
- Ensure semi-annual review of designations for all units.
- Daily monitoring of the Single Controls Platform
- Participation in the EMEA monthly SCRUM (SPRINT)
- Tracking of various reviews on the proof charts to ensure responsible units carry out the reviews timely
- Co-ordinate the quarterly MCA exercise.
- Co-ordinate the Semi-annual Cash counts across branches.
- Act as an effective back-up to the various functions assigned on the proof chart as well as to the Ops Control head.
- Ensure that all other assigned reviews (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) on the proof charts are effectively carried out and submitted timely.
- Ad hoc reviews / investigations as assigned by either country or ops control division head
- Ensure an annual review of Collection items and Collateral Bills as specified on the Department’s proof chart.
- Liaise with regulators and auditors during reviews and/or audits
- Periodic review of Our Accounts mandates with our correspondent banks
- Ensure a monthly review of the Account Opening Documentation deferral process.
- Ensure that staff performs quality reviews.
- Initiation of account opening, maintenance and closure on Recon Frontier
- Review of match pass criteria for all NOSTRO accounts on Recon Frontier
- The position will provide analytical support to the cluster Operations Control Hub in South Africa and perform selected centralized SSA control tests
- Chief Internal Auditors / Ops Control staff
- Monthly activity plan as well as review reports
- Escalations via the SCF Platform
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Digital Controls – analytical skills
- Analyzing different processes in order to evaluate controls.
- Discussing issues and Corrective Action with the various departmental heads.
- Coordinating self Assessment processes for the unit.
- Operational and Franchise risks as they relate to frauds, PLEs challenges, etc
- Complex and varied work assignments requiring frequent careful choice in timing and sequence of procedures and steps.
- High impact in terms of risk and delivery responsibilities and limited influence on product.
- Allocation and Scheduling of various reviews within the department in line with the Proof charts.
- Planning the Verification Reviews.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online