Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Operation Control Head Job Opening at Citibank
Job Position: Operation Control Head
Job ID: 15071240
Job Function: Operations
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failure and the corrective actions required.
- Highlight to senior management all concerns arising from failure of controls that could result in losses and/or reputational risks.
- Ensure that the reviews conducted have a corrective action follow up mechanism through i-caps.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the business and to acquire greater knowledge of the products and processes.
- Implement the Fraud Management program appropriate for the business in conjunction with BUFM and CSIS.
- Have over-sight on the functions on the Branch Information Security officer (BISO). This role is responsible for the Business compliance to information security standards, information security criticality assessments, 3rd-party assessments, entitlements reviews, residual risk.
- Responsible for the control of execution of the Self-Assessment process, all Risk Assessment, Corrective action plans (CAP) follow-ups, Audit follow ups, ensure compliance with policies by country & legal vehicle, produce valuable matrix to allow management control all aspects of the Operations business.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and local policy as well as local and global regulatory environment.
- Participate in all aspects of assessments, in accordance with Internal Audit standards and/or regulatory statutes.
- Participate in training and developing other staff in audit, risk assessment techniques and accounting principles.
- Understand and accurately evaluate risks and controls as they relate to business objectives.
- Use available technology and automation tools to appropriately improve processes within the department and business in general.
- Revenues: Ops control is supporting the ICG business directly through controls, reconciliation and MCA coordination to eliminate all losses to the business
- Expenses: Direct expenses are incurred through carrying out of the independent reviews and controls e.g. Travel to Branches.
- Headcount: Responsible for optimal utilization of approved headcount to meet effective controls and any required reporting to senior management.
- Assets: Control over the assets of the bank through reviewing certain balance sheet accounts
- Other: Responsibility for centralized control functions supporting the SSA Division countries
- Planning the audit reviews by selecting the appropriate audit approach, methodology and preparing the test plan that best suits the product and process.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control by Analysing/flowcharting the different processes in order to evaluate controls, identify inefficient processes.
- Performing the actual audit tests, selecting sample, performing analytical reviews, and checking adherence to corporate policies.
- Preparing audit reports for senior management, discussing issues with relevant business unit heads.
- Influencing the design and improvement of processes to ensure that appropriate controls exist to manage risks efficiently.
- Responsible for communicating to upper management issues that surface and unresolved issues.
- Co-ordinating the Operations and Technology self-assessment (MCAs) and DCFCs processes for the bank.
- Co-ordinate the day-to-day functions of other employees in the Unit and to up-date the Proof-Charts.
- Assist the Fraud Manager on handling, investigating and reporting of fraud incidents and attempts.
- The Position also Calls for Involvement in regional assignments relating to Peer and assistance to other Regional Countries when the need arises such as Internal Audit Preparation
- The position will also be covering reporting and analytics for the SSA Division with certain functions being centrally managed from South Africa
- Ensure that all performance indicators/KRIs for management from Operations Control are availed as and when required.
- Co-ordinate and undertake training of all new staff on role of Operations Control and basic Business expectation from the staff. Assign work to other staff in the unit.
- Undertake consolidation of functions (or Outsourcing) that would otherwise lead to inefficiency when done departmentally for instance Deviation approvals and bank wide departmental designations.
- Any other function/duty or responsibility that may be assigned from time to time as deemed appropriate by the business.
- Business, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent related undergraduate degree
- 4 years’ work experience in banking
- Areas requiring complete familiarity Areas requiring general familiarity
- Team building
- Strategic planning
Citi Values – O&T Culture
- Talent development
- Empower others
Act with urgency, courage and conviction
- Management or Execution Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Citigroup Role Model
- Ability to handle pressure
- Analytical thinking
Accountability and teamwork
- Process flows and procedures
- Process Risk Rating and ranking
- Control Steps
Articulation of Issues
- Written / Verbal communication
- Management of diversity
- Respect and balance
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal relationships
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply online