Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN , Millicom and Rocket Internet.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development and entrepreneurship, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Onsite Merchandiser
Job Types: Full time
The Onsite Merchandizer Associate is responsible for the overall aspect and maintenance of the website and app. He must be aware of his responsibility as a steward and the first link with our customers. His work is the showcase of our entire company.
You will report to the Onsite Merchandizer and Top Management. The position is based in our office in Lagos.
Your position as Onsite Merchandizer Associate entails:
- Update and maintain the website on a daily basis to optimize revenues (incl. campaigns, banners, content, etc.),
- Implement the weekly commercial plan and campaigns for main commercial events,
- Provide business-oriented insight to the Onsite Merchandizer,
- Optimize the website to improve performance,
- Responsible for the quality of website content,
- Implement new IT/technical features,
- Create and maintain static pages, as well as optimize according to performance,
- Coordinate (incl. briefings) with designers to get best in class designs for campaign implementation,
- Well organized and with a good sense of anticipation
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Previous experience in online marketing, project management or IT
- Coding skills (HTML, CSS, Java) and Photoshop is a plus, at ease with website back-end tools
- Fast learner and initiative taker
- Rigorous in execution, strong attention to details
- Trustworthy and very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply