Pact Nigeria, located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact’s vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.”
PROMOT II will focus interventions to increase PMTCT uptake, prevent sew pediatric HIV infections and mobilize community support for prioritizing and sustaining PMTCT in Bayelsa. Pact Nigeria seeks highly experienced and qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the vacant positions below on the PROMOT II Project which will be based in Bayelsa:
Job Title: Project Director
- The Project will have overall responsibility for meeting the project’s technical objectives, managing financial resources, supervising program staff, maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, managing donor reporting and ensuring a high-quality delivery of services.
- He or she will also oversee the programming activities of the project to ensure effective and efficient service delivery and as well an respect Pact’s and its donor’s standards for program quality.
- The PD will manage the project office and provide oversight of all administrative and financial operations in consultation with the country.
- Finally, he or she will oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled and productive workforce and promote an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Organizational Development, Public, Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, International Development, or other relevant field preferred;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in program management at senior management level is required.
- Experience in grants management including sub-grants
- Experience and ability in working with community based organizations
- Aptitude/experience in supervising staff and the ability to mentor subordinates;
- Knowledge and understanding of the health sector in Nigeria
- Fluency in English and Pidgin- English is required; and
- Knowledge and experience of working in Bayelsa State will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer (Program /MERL)
- The Senior Technical Officer (Program/MERL) will provide oversight of all monitoring & evaluation activities of the Project.
- The Senior Officer will ensure that monitoring systems meet the requirements of the donor and that performance results can be used for continuous improvement.
- He or she will supervise the design and development of program specific Performance Monitoring Plans.
- The Senior MERL Officer will adapt existing Pact Nigeria monitoring tools, as well as propose new ways of measuring change through the use of both quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, analysis of secondary data, and, where appropriate, remote monitoring techniques.
- S/he will strengthen staff and partners capacity in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation tools through comprehensive staff training and coaching.
- Postgraduate or Master degree in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Social Sciences, Measurement and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of active M&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Epi-Info, Epi-Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL, and any other statistical packages.
Job Title: Technical Officer (Program/MERL)
- The Technical Officer is responsible for the operation of the project M&E systems at the LGA levels.
- The Technical Officer will revise the program strategy as needed, while developing and monitoring the implementation of annual work plans, and also ensure the implementation of all program and MERL activities at the LGA offices.
- The technical officer will develop/adopt/adapt program specific routine data collection tools and ensure the data quality plans are rigorously implanted.
- The Technical Officer will collect, compile and analyze data as well as develop reports using specified templates.
- Degree in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Social Sciences, Measurement and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of active M&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of major aspects of program development, implementation end documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Epi- Info, Epi- Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL, and any other statistical packages
Job Title: Finance, Grants and Administrative Assistant
The Finance, Grants and Admin Assistant will perform general ledger maintenance and reconcile assigned general ledger accounting, including sub-grants and sub-awards, develop monthly and quarterly financial reports for the review/approval of the Abuja-based Finance Manager, prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments are accurately captured, review procurement and payment documents ensuring appropriate cost coding and accuracy, ensure timely payments to vendors and other project-related expenses such as telephone, travel etc., review tub-grant and sub-award financial reports, take the initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program objectives, and provide support in preparation of bid analyses, negotiation memos, purchase orders etc.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Chartered accountant qualifications a plus.
- Possession of 2 years of cognate experience in fund accounting. Experience with accounting standards/practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and Serenic), including pay rolling required.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars 110, 122, 133
Job Title: IT/Office Assistant
- IT/Office Assistant is responsible for supporting general office functions including administration, logistics, procurement and the maintenance of assets.
- He or she will help ensure that office communications run smoothly, internally, with beneficiaries, and with the general public. The IT Assistant will support the Abuja-based IT Officer in providing service to employees and systems management under the project.
- S/he will provide IT support for meetings and workshops, as well as provide support with weekly back-up of staff work data.
- S/he will maintain office the LAN and internet, printer sharing, etc.
- He or she will also support trouble-shooting with the internet, GIS, and Smartphone usage.
- The position supports data entry and database creation.
- B.Sc.in Computer Science, Information Technology or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in areas of information technology management with a minimum of 2 year in an International NGO.
- Relevant certifications and membership of a professional body will be an added advantage. .
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; and resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
- The Logistics Assistant will support the PROMOT II project in managing travel and logistics activities in Bayelsa.
- S/he will be responsible for the designated vehicles being presentable and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times, follow the schedule of servicing of the designated vehicles, ensure all Pact vehicle policies are followed and enforced, maintain accurate and up-to-date records relating to vehicle use, purchase fuel, review the accuracy of cash memos and/or bill and submit name to the Finance dept. for payment, perform constant and routine checks on the project vehicle, and report any fault for necessary action(s).
- 3-5 years of professional driving experience, ideally working with International NGOs
- Possession of a valid driver license.
- Good knowledge of the terrain
- Good personal relations skills
- Computer literacy an added advantage
- A minimum of OND or NCE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter explaining their suitability to:email@example.com All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 7th April, 2016