Kwara State Community and Social Development Agency (KWCSDA) – The Federal Government has applied for and obtained Additional Financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP).
The Kwara State Community and Social Development Agency (KWCSDA) established by the State Government to coordinate the implementation of the project in the State, now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public or private sector for recruitment into the vacant positions below:
Job Title: General Manager (GM)
The GM Shall:
- Be in-charge of day to day administration of the project; Be the Accounting Officer of the State Agency, give approval for proposal of Community Development Plans recommended by the State Agency Management Committee;
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work programme of the State Agency as approved by the Board;
- Represent the State Agency in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the Management;
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources;
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of the project;
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the State Agency.
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the State Agency reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) of the state.
Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in the Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering with at least fifteen years (15) post-qualification cognate experience in the private or public sector, five of which must be at management level.
- A post-graduate degree and experience in the management of Rural Development, Community Driven Development projects (CDD) and donor agencies shall be added advantage. Computer literacy is a must.
Job Title: Project Officer – Supervision/Appraisal
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operations Officers.
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of Operations Officers for field level activities.
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g. construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, feeder road construction etc.
- In Close liaison with relevant state ministries, departments, agency(ies) to ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure.
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the Managers Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance
- Liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion,
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duty(ies) assigned by the Manager Operations.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a degree in Engineering, Architecture/Quantity Surveying, Social and Natural Sciences with at least, five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in the management of Rural Development, Community Driven Development projects (CDD) and donor agencies shall be added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate.
Job Title: Operations Officer
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/AIDS,
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and priontization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP in line with (b) above;
- Build capacity of the CPMCs and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project Officer-IEC and Training
- Supervise the implementation of the CDPs to ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts bythe CPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, information/data on micro-project activities in communities;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager, Operations;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project Officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- Responsible to the Project Officer, Supervision.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 3 years post qualification experience in any of these areas; IEC, Gender and Vulnerability; Procurement, MIS and M & E.
- Computer literacy is a must.
Job Title: Administrative Officer
- Responsible for management of personnel matters, appraisal, discipline, promotions and any issue related to personnel.
- Shall be responsible for supervising clerical staff.
- Maintain and operate an open and secret registry;
- Ensure appropriate record keeping, filing and documentation of all Agency mails and correspondences.
- Responsible for managing all office utility services.
- Responsible for maintaining office assets including vehicles, plants, office premises etc.
- Supervise security staff of the State Agency.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Manager Finance and Administration or the General Manager.
- First degree/HND in the Social Sciences or Humanities with five years relevant post-qualification experience in private or public sector.
- Knowledge of MS computer packages is essential.
- Experience in a donor-funded rural development project will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Accounts Clerk
- Keeping custody of all completed payroll records and transactions.
- Prepare monthly ledger account
- Keeping and updating petty cash book
- Recording of cash book
- Recording of cheque issued cash book
- Keeping of store records.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Assistant Project Accountant.
- Ordinary National Diploma (O.N.D.) in Accounting with Three (3) years cognate working experience.
- Computer literacy with experience in Microsoft suite is an added advantage.
Microsoft suite is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants from public or private sector should submit ten (10) copies of handwritten application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of certificates to the address below:
The Honourable Commissioner,
Ministry of Planning and Economic Development,
Note: Applicants from the public service should apply through their Head of Agencies. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Application Deadline 14th March, 2016