Africa Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is the umbrella organization for applied epidemiology training, programs in Africa. It oversees the Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FETP) in 16 countries of Africa. FETP is modeled after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS).
The main objective of AFENET through its FETP is to build and offer epidemiological services in the country for strengthening public health systems particularly disease surveillance and response, The program is partly funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). AFENET’s current focus is on interventions for the control of priority diseases in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS.
Africa Field Epidemiology Network is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Manager
The responsibilities of the data manager include:
- Ensure that data generated is properly managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Design data collection instruments and databases as needed
- Train state and LGA consultants on data collection and electronic data entry
- Train national program officers
- Provide support to state and LGA consultants to assure data of sufficiently good quality
- Regularly analyze collected data and provide feedback to state and LGA consultants
- Provide regular updates to polio communication team on key performance indicators
- Provide data for partner reports, donor reports and presentations
Certifications, License, Physical Requirements or Other Expertise Required
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in data management, epidemiology, public health or related field
Prior Work Experience:
- Possess at least 5 years’ experience in data management, and or working with public health surveillance /monitoring and evaluation system
- Experience working with immunization systems at LGA, State and national levels
- Experience working with District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2)
- Experience in Programming Languages such as Python, C++, PHP, .Net and other related languages
- Experience in public health informatics
- Experience in GIS Map analysis (ARC GIS, QGIS, Health Mapper)
- Must also have previous experience working with DHIS.
- Experience with STATA, MathLab, SPSS, CSPRO, Epi Info, SAS
- Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required.
- Job Knowledge: A good understanding of public health, data compilation and management and data analysis. In addition, experience or knowledge of immunization and public health surveillance systems is an advantage.
- Skills and Abilities: Possess advanced data management and analysis skills and proficiency with data management software (EPI-Info, Microsoft Excel, Access, SAS, SQL, or STATA). Experience with web-based applications is desired.
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply for this Position