Olam scholarships: creating a generation of change catalysts for Sub Saharan Africa
Olam International is a global agri-business listed and headquartered in Singapore, growing, sourcing and processing food ingredients and industrial raw materials such as coffee, cocoa, cashew and cotton for over 13,800 customers, including Nestle, Unilever and Mars.
In celebration of its 25th anniversary, Olam has launched a postgraduate scholarship programme for nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa committed to catalysing change in their home country during their career. The four internationally acclaimed universities are: Harvard Business School, The London School of Economics and Political Science, INSEAD Business School and Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
The OLAM Scholarship programme is aimed at fostering business management, leadership and governance across the continent by supporting aspiring and capable students to pursue higher education in an esteemed international institution. Through the scholarships and Olam mentoring, olam hopes to play its part in creating a generation of leaders who will contribute towards economic transformation, provide good governance, and act as change agents in their home country.
- Candidates must be nationals of Sub-Saharan Africa regardless of their current country of residence, and will need to demonstrate: academic achievement and promise; teamwork as well as personal ownership to deliver; leadership potential and entrepreneurial spirit; and a commitment to contributing to their country or region at the end of the course.
- All applications will be assessed on merit by the individual partner universities.
The programme will award up to ten scholarships each year to postgraduate students wishing to complete further study in:
- development economics at The London School of Economics and Political Science
- business management at Harvard or INSEAD Business School
- and public policy and administration at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
How to Apply:
Details for each scholarship and deadlines for the application process can be found by clicking through to the respective university web links above.
Please note that candidates cannot apply through Olam. All applications must be made via the standard scholarship programme hosted by the universities.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2015 Olam Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Application Deadline: Varying