Global Spectrum Energy Services are currently searching for a well experienced Oil and Gas Tender manager, with significant demonstrable experience in organizing and managing the preparation & submission of tenders, preferably for an oil & gas operating, servicing or consulting company.
The successful individual will develop and manage the bid strategy, lobby and maintain strong links within the Oil and Gas sector to ensure the company is positioned to win and influence major bids.
Also analyze the oil and gas market identifying appropriate target clients and ensure that the appropriate legislation is followed.
Job Title: Oil and Gas Tender Manager
- Increase and maintain client relations through building strategic relationships with client’s management based on a clear understanding of client’s needs, vision and strategy.
- Ensure pre-contract commercial matters, including tender preparation and approvals are in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Check various Tender Search systems on a daily basis and identify any contracts which may be of interest to the Company, either to bid or for market intelligence purposes.
- Coordination of tender preparation process, specifically ensuring that necessary advice is received in connection with tax, insurance, contractual, legal and treasury.
- To ensure tenders are compliant and respond to specific client needs while maintaining brand consistency in tender appearance.
- To work closely with the technical leads and to translate technical specifications into winning bid material.
- Act as a single point of contact to the client(s) ensuring dialogue and prompt response to requests for clarification, provision of further information, etc.
- Develop a strategy around submission of tender and contract documents within key IOC’s and NOC’s
- Manage a realistic and up-to-date bid program ensuring that all activities are progressed in line with the required timescales.
- Responsible for ensuring tenders are submitted consistently ahead of the deadlines set by the tendering authority or body.
- Display a bias for decisiveness by meeting the most aggressive timelines for delivering high quality proposals.
- Maintenance of the bid pipeline and to follow up on all submitted tenders and provide timely updates on their status.
- Minimize our exposure and risk on tenders with respect to the governance of Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Provide detailed updates and forecasts on changes in client and competitor status and activity to ensure that business opportunities are fully exploited.
- At least an upper credit in Engineering and a Post Graduate degree in Oil and Gas Project Management or any other related field.
- Experience and knowledge in Contract Management and following tenders preferably within Oil & Gas sector.
- At least 5 years of technical experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry
- At least 7 years minimum in senior commercial roles within the oil and gas/ related industry
- Ability to write comprehensive and well written proposals and detailed responses to requests.
- Ability to make major client presentations at CEO/General Manager level.
- Knowledge and Understanding of public (and private) sector tender requirements.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships at senior level with direct and in-direct clients.
- Willingness to follow internal processes at all times
- Experience of working with Public or Private Sector (Blue Chip) clients
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and can see things through until the end
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Ability to prioritize and co-ordinate several projects at once, multi-task
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and be well organized to manage people effectively
- Understanding of basic revenue models, profit & loss, and cost-to-completion projections
- Good communicator with proven negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, presentation and written skills
- Enjoys solving problems
- Proven Leadership skills Commercial cognisance and understanding of managing budgets
- IT literate with good working knowledge of all relevant Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply