Our client is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy, that partner with clients across the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Founded in 1963, as a private company, it currently has over 82 offices in 46 countries across the world. It currently seeks to hire a vibrant professional with experience in Office Operations/HR to work directly with the Partners and external consultants’ i.e Tax, Vendors, HR as well as coordinating the day to day office operations.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Dual reporting to the Lagos Office Administrator(Managing Partner) and Operations
This position has responsibility for Lagos business build from an on-the-ground operational &infrastructure perspective which will initially include HR & recruiting.The Office Manager is a strategic partner who aligns business objectives with employees and management. The individual will provide HR partnering, supportand expertise and serves as a sparring partner to management on Operationsrelated topics and issues. The Office Coordinator will work primarily with thelocal OA (Managing Partner) andPartner Group and on a system level, will collaborate closely with the OfficeCoordinator and HR Manager (Madrid).This role delivers value added service and support to management and employees that align with the business objectives of the firm, function and group.
- Hands on approach to manage or assist in all areaswith regard to the office set up Ensure local formalities are fulfilled withregard to setting up the office in Lagos
- Ensure office space is obtained and suitably ready toopen the office in January 2016
- Work with FIRM´s safety & security team to ensureprotocols are in place and operational Work with various FIRM functions (e.g.IT) to ensure office will be operation from January 2016
Work with MadridHR to;
- Set up consulting HR processes
- Set up organisation and general HR Operations responsibilities
- Identify ongoing HR risk management and employment law processes and responsibilities and put processes in place to ensure compliancewith local employment law
- Create employment agreement that is compliance withboth local law and organisation policy Onboarding of any new hires
Manage immigration process for;
- Local hires who are not Nigerian nationals
- Ensure background checks are completed on new hiresManage relocation process for transfers
- Work with local partner group and relevant function to identify organisation needs Run the recruiting process for organisation hires
- Team with regional recruiting and Iberia recruiting to manage recruiting process for consultant hires
- Partner with the Lagos Office Administrator onmanaging Lagos office. Provides leverage to the Office Administrator acrossmatters related to the management of the office
- Manage discretionary budget decisions andcommunication Process medical and life insurance for all staff members
- Manage the office’s general costs: monitoring budgetvariances and effectively controlling costs incl. those related to adminpersonnel management, materials, supplies, space & equipment
- Manage insurance process for office
Risk Management and legal
- Ensure that risk management is effectively embeddedinto the functions, including ensuring adequate systems of internal control (segregation of duties, reconciliations, checks and balances and oversight)
- Pro-actively identify and mitigate risks includingembedding risk management philosophy with the various functions
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements,including preparing all official documents and filings required by local laws
- Ensure appropriate local office policies are in placeand monitored, and global policies are adhered to
- Monitor cross border activity and related tax andlegal issues
- University degree
- 6 years plus experience, preferably inInternational/Multinational Professional Services firm Deep knowledge of locallaws and regulations
- Strong understanding of local business practises Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
- Problem solving skills, critical reasoning and sound judgment
- Excellent people management skills, with the abilityto provide honest feedback and support in the development of employees’capabilities
- Highly independent work style, with strongorganization and time management capabilities Strong teamwork skills,flexibility, openness to change, and willingness to shape policy
- Tact and pragmatism
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced,intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with organisation’s values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures.
COMPENSATION: Highly Attractive
Method of Application
Forward a copy of your resume to [email protected]