United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Nutrition Specialist
VN No: VN-NGR-58-2015
Type of Appointment: Fixed Term
Purpose of the Post
- To be responsible for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives in Bauchi Field Office.
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health & Nutrition, Health Sciences, International Health & Nutrition, Family Health & Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Public Health, Health Emergency Preparedness, or other relevant discipline(s).
- Training in gender and in nutrition programmes that promote gender equality an asset
- Five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Field work experience and background familiarity with Emergency.
- Experience in monitoring gender inequalities and in programming interventions that reduce these inequalities an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station Advanced knowledge of one or more of the technical areas of UNICEF programmes.
- Advanced Technical Knowledge of theories, principles and methods in one of the following areas:
- Public Health & Nutrition, international Health & Nutrition, Public Health & Nutrition Policy and Management) Population and Family Health & Nutrition) Public Health Preparedness, Health Emergency Preparedness
- Nutritional Epidemiology, Nutrition Research, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Socio-medical Sciences,
- Health & Nutrition Education, Health & Nutrition Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health & Nutritional Care
- Gender and diversity awareness
- Computer software application, including word processing, spreadsheet and corporate software packages.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] Candidate are advised to put the Job Title on the Subject line of their email.