Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of malnourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.
We dedicate as much of our funding as possible to our lifesaving humanitarian programs.
In 2013, we spent $0.92 of every donated dollar on program activities.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager Vacancy at Action Against Hunger
Job Position: Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager
Job Location: Yobe
- The Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager At Action Against Hunger Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission
- Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of N-H projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors.
- The Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager At Action Against Hunger Leads projects implementation, monitoring and reporting for N-H.
- To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
- The Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager At Action Against Hunger Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development)
- The Nutrition & Health (N-H) Deputy Program Manager At Action Against Hunger Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication
- Degree in Medicine , or Public Health Degree or equivalent in a field related to Nutrition & Health and or training/courses specific to Nutrition and Health in emergency contexts + minimum 3 years of work experiences.
- Fluent English, Hausa and Kanouri
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management
- Must be disciplined, able to work autonomously and self-learner
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with CMAM and IYCF programming.
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
- Experience with Social Behavior Change Programming
Application Closing Date
31 of August 2015
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: [email protected]
Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.