The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Secretary-General/Registrar
- The Secretary-General/Registrar shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Council, He/she shall be the Secretary to the Council’s Board and shall perform other duties as stipulated in the Nursing and Midwifery Council Act and such functions as the Board may from time to time, direct.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must possess B.Sc Nursing or Bachelor of Nursing Science (B. NSc) from an accredited University: Masters in Public Administration or Business Administration or any Nursing specialty from an accredited University will be added advantage.
- Have a current practicing licence; and
- Have a minimum of twenty five (25) post nursing qualification (Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife/Degree)/cognate experience in Public Service.
- Applicants who have less than five years to retirement need not apply.
- Be a registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria;
- Be a registered Nurse or Midwife Educator or Nurse Administrator:
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and conditions of Service shall be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send Ten (10) copies of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope marked ‘Application for the Post of Secretary General/Registrar’ at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria,
Plot 713, Cadastral Zone,
Behind Julius Berger Clinic,
- Candidates should also enclose their Vision Statements for the Council in the next four (4) years in not more than 1,000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the Directorate level.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees.
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2016.