Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes International is establishing a new clinic to expand the country programme in Nigeria to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse Aide
Reporting to: Centre Coordinator
- The post holder is required to demonstrate initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development; to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
- Responsible for assisting the clinical service provider in providing client-centred clinical service in the Marie Stopes Clinic.
- Ensure all information materials are regularly available and on display in the clinic and given to all clients that comes into the clinic
- Ensure that all patients to the clinic (both new and old) receive the necessary support to assure optimum client satisfaction in their bid to uptake services.
- Observe patients’ conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake and output and vital signs, and report changes to professional staff.
- Take record of all referrals from the referral networks and facilitate clients’ contact with referral facilities as may be required
- Answer phones and direct visitors when necessary; support online client booking and follow up
- Perform clerical duties such as processing documents and scheduling appointments
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have at least 4 credits (including English Language) at O’level GCE/SSCE/NECO certificate [ESSENTIAL]
- Must have successfully completed certificate program in nursing assistance [ESSENTIAL]
- At least 1-year post-graduation/certificate experience working in a similar role [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in a clinical environment [ESSENTIAL]
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel). [ESSENTIAL]
- Excellent client interaction skills (ESSENTIAL)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by email with their CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: [email protected] MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title / Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 10th July, 2015.