The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC initially started activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking services of a qualified Water Network Rehabilitation Consultant to carry out water network rehabilitation design in IDP Host community Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC) of Borno State with the aim of providing adequate safe and clean water. The Water Network Design / Assessment Consultant reports to the Programme Development Manager – WASH.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Water Network Design Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- Degree in Civil Engineering, geology, Water Resources engineering and other WASH related courses. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven capacity to supervise contractors successfully
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Commitment to and understanding of NRC’s vision, mission, core values and humanitarian principles
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experienced in water network design, upgrading and rehabilitation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization;
- Five-eight years in water reticulation design and implementation
- Advanced knowledge in engineering softwares e.g. CAD, E-panet, WaterCAD, Civil 3D etc.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 2 Months (with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to:[email protected] The title of the position (Water Network Design /Assessment Consultant – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered).
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 26th May, 2016.