The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR/Administrative Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Contract period: 12month
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure office reception is well managed, organized and attended to, at all times, receiving guests, directing them, as well as receiving and dispatching calls (i.e. seating, visibility, notice board, tidiness, receive and dispatch faxes, mails, documents and reports as appropriate etc.)
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the office and guest house that will include both compounds
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and guest house supplies and consumables
- Fulfil any other related tasks that may be assigned by the SUPPORT Coordinator, or Area Manager
- Update the NRC MDG Staff List
- Follow up Rent/Travel allowance applications and tracking sheet.
- Supports all new staff in receiving necessary induction brief related to Administrative SOP’s and issues
- Assist in the administration of expat staff information relevant for visa and permit applications
- Focal point for venue booking, and guest house maintenance
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Hausa documents Update of employees’ personal files and database
- Prepare and file (soft and hard) all documents necessary for the administrative management of the national staff (leave days, sick leaves, overtimes etc).
- Related to Administrative SOP’s and issues
- Experience from working as an HR/Admin Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Relevant experience in HR/Admin and knowledge in Microsoft Office and a computer spreadsheet.
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to the following e-mail address: [email protected] The title of the position (HR/Admin. Assistant- Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Any application received after the clsoing date will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Application Deadline 25th March, 2016.