The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The HR Officer reports to the HR/Admin Coordinator.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Analyzing training and development needs in conjunction with departmental managers and delivering trainings in line with NRC’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local labour law in all procedures and processes.
- Provide support to supervisors and staffs to develop the skills and capabilities of staffs.
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Provide information to staff, supervisors and council on human resource and work related issues.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- The HR Officer is expected to achieve the following during this contract period.
- Ensure reporting, documenting and payment of staff benefits, social security, taxes in line with NRC’s HR policy
- administering payroll and maintaining employee records
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide support in determining the NRC staff training needs and organizing trainings to meet those needs.
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Code of conduct and HR policies by all staff
- Ensure a proper payroll and staff benefit administration
- Oversee the staff performance evaluation.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers etc
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Provide HR support in the NRC Field Office in recruitment, exit and induction of new staff.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labour laws with NRC’s HR policies and procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Human Resource Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English and Hausa, both written and verbal
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Good university Degree from a reputable university.
- Professional degree would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Relevant experience in HR and knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Powerpoint).
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 12month
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their application letters and an updated CV’s to: [email protected] The title of the position (HR Officer – Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favor for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position
Application Deadline 15th December, 2016.