The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs. In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure reconciliation of all balance accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents according to donor requirements.
- Coordinate weekly meetings between finance staff for information sharing
- Ensure that staff salaries are properly recorded in Agresso according to budgetary allocations.
- Follow-up on cash projections and cash availability for program activities.
- Ensuring that all payment vouchers are properly stamped @PAID@ before filing.
- Performing and following up on any other duties assigned by line manager.
- Following up and ensuring that advances are settled in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with field office and CO finance staff for scanning and archiving of financial documents.
- Ensure that all costs are booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Adequate supervision of 1finance officer and 2 finance assistants.
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the positions responsibilities
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement: May 2016
- Contract period: 31st December 2016
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: [email protected]The title of the position (Finance Coordinator Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
- Any applications received after the deadline above will not be considered
Application Deadline 5th May, 2016.