The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is now looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist for the reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Archiving of financial documents
- Ensure that NRC and Donor guide lines are adhered to
- Facilitate cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
- Process vendors invoices and payments
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Prepare postbacks for Agresso import
- Establish a good system of advances management
- Management of bank and cash transactions
- Assist to facilitate audit follow ups and activities
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Assist to prepare donors finance reports and proposals.
- Prepare day to day financial transactions
- Reconciliation of balance accounts on a monthly basis
- Follow up on other tasks assigned by line manager
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- At least 3 years of experience in a related function
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Relevant experience in Finance and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting softwares.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 12month
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application letter and updated CV’s to: [email protected]The title of the position (Finance Officer- Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 21st September, 2016