The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
NRC is looking for a dedicated Humanitarian Access Manager in Nigeria.
The purpose of the Humanitarian Access Manager is to develop an access strategy and work plans for NRC Nigeria and support the implementation of these work plans.
The Humanitarian Access Manager has line management responsibilities for a small team of information officers.
The Humanitarian Access Manager reports to the Head of Programme.
Job Title: Humanitarian Access Manager
- Develop an access strategy and work plans for NRC Nigeria
- Technical support to the implementation of access work plans
- Support the M&E department with developing minimum standards and tools for monitoring in hard to access areas
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of access components projects
- Provide area-based access analysis based on programmatic demands
- Support the facilitation of access coordination groups which NRC participates in
- Draw up a professional development plan and give guidance and feedback to staff on access negotiations
- Identify and provide relevant trainings on humanitarian access, including negotiations and humanitarian principles
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise on humanitarian access
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria an asset
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Commencement: August 2016
- Duration: 12months
- Duty station; Abuja with 75% travel to the field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply