North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: STTA Operations Support Coordinator (Intellectual Entrepreneurship Fellowship)
- The STTA Operations Support Coordinator (for Intellectual Entrepreneurship) will contribute to the overall success of a Cluster of Activities being developed by NERI – with primary focus on coordinating and providing operational support for 35 Fellows, service providers, Faculty, NERI and OTI/USAID in the delivery of the various activities under the Intellectual Entrepreneurship Cluster which includes social media and book clubs’ activities and training and mentoring efforts.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party based in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaising between Grants, Procurement, Operations and Programs units of NERI and Service Providers, Firms and Fellows to ensure that scheduled activities are properly resourced
- Liaise with Faculty, Service Providers and Consultants regularly on operational issues that may arise in the execution of assignments.
- Maintain a NERI Library’ of individual Fellow’s outputs including submitted assignments and addresses of individual blogs and social media platforms maintained by each Fellow.
- Maintaining updated register of contact details for all fellows and faculty and service providers involved in the Fellowship’s Cluster of Activities and make them available for programming purposes from time to time and sharing with other NERI units and OTI/USAID.
- Providing, ideally real-time, or at a minimum monthly, written reports on individual Fellows participation in activities and stipend payment and other operational status.
- Other tasks, of a reasonable nature, based on capacity of the Operations Support Coordinator, not explicitly incorporated herein but integral to meeting the objectives of the position and needs of the Cluster of activities and NERI.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in International studies, Social sciences, Law or similar field
- 2 years of practical work experience (including NYSC year where applicable),
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e. MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication vehicles,
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed upon formats and templates
- Experience working/or willingness to work a conflict environment is a plus
- Proficient in spoken and written English language,
- Practical experience of writing reports and other communications, in English language, in a clear, concise and coherent manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th January, 2017.