Rapidly developing Internet of Things (IoT) technology is opening up multiple new business opportunities for operators and enterprises, spanning many industries – public safety, healthcare, connected mobility, smart cities and more. Nokia’s vision is to expand the human possibilities of technology to improve people’s lives and help them thrive by enabling a programmable world where billions of people, things, sensors and devices are connected.
The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2016, arranged in partnership with venture firm Nokia growth partners, is looking for futuristic technologies, the next big ideas and new business models in the Internet of things (IoT) domain.
The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2016 is a call for innovative ideas, technologies, or business models addressing opportunities in IoT scope. Nokia is specifically looking for innovations in the provinces of connected automotive, public safety, security, industry 4.0, digital health, utilities and smart cities.
Nokia Innovation Accelerator Program
The Nokia Innovation Accelerator Program is a new initiative to connect top innovators and Nokia experts. Innovators entering this program will receive a technology boost by accessing Nokia’s products, services and resources. This is an opportunity to form meaningful relationships with investors and Nokia’s decision makers. Each innovator team will be awarded with up to €100,000 incubation prize.
Nokia IoT solution at a glance:
- Nokia’s IoT portfolio brings a flexible, secure and scalable multi-tenant platform that is device-agnostic and helps operators and enterprise customers to rapidly develop, roll out and support new applications and business models.
- The Connectivity Management feature helps operators manage the rapidly growing number of connections from sensors and devices.
- Application Platforms let operators create customized IoT applications and services quickly and cost-effectively.
- Device management capabilities are designed for rapid, remote deployment of any device, sensor, meter, or module and Nokia supports all current IoT device management standards.
- Nokia’s IoT services provide the expertise to design, integrate and customize connectivity management platforms and application layers to cater to the specific needs of different verticals.
- Innovators, startups or academia from around the world can participate in this challenge and take a leap towards making the programmable world happen.
- The Nokia Open Innovation Challenge is open to innovators around the world aiming to find the next big idea! It can be a new technology, a business model or a combination of both that will help us make lives better!
- The opportunity to enter the Nokia Innovation Accelerator Program to work with Nokia experts on creating joint business models while receiving a technology boost by accessing Nokia’s products, services and resources.
- In addition, a €100,000 incubation prize will be shared between the top three teams!
- Access to Nokia’s global market and the opportunity to form valuable partnerships. Investment opportunities
You can Submit Your Proposal Here.
Please keep in mind that a working proof of concept is required to enter to challenge.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: August 15, 2016.