Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sr. Engineer – Configuration Management
- Plans and performs technical activities to service the customer and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
- Plans and executes technical tasks requiring specialist skills in own professional area.
- Works independently with the responsibility for solving customer request cases and reporting according to processes. Identifies and solves technical problems.
- Shares knowledge in own professional area.
- May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty.
- Ensure that the BSS/RAN data stored in the Network Operation Centre corresponds to the data in the field
- Create/Extend new sites/ existing sites (parameters, SW, HW config.)
- Keep records on new installations
- Implement and coordinate activities such as integration of new sites, TRX expansion, BTS /NodeB rehoming, ET cutover, and site upgrade.
- Configuration/Definition via NMS or MML of BTS Parameters, Handover Control Parameters, Power Control Parameters, TRX parameters and all BSS related parameters, as specified in work orders.
- Implementation of Work orders and Changes in parameters of the network for optimization
- Make software, parameter and feature changes in the network.
- Run regular data consistency checks
- Re-homing large number of BTS’s/NodeB’s
- Responsible for XMLs implementation using CM Operations Manager (CM Provisioner and CM Plan Manager)
- Creation of COCO and ATM interface configuration parameters in the RNC
Deliverables / Performance Measures
(Goals and targets to be achieved, reporting etc.):
- Problems solved or escalated to the correct group/team.
- NE’s downtimes decreased, meeting SLAs
- NE quality in the network improved
- Fault Rectification according to SLAs
- Good communication skills, excellent conducting of spoken and written English
- Networking and multi cultural understanding
- Excellent communications
- Personal Attributes: Ability to work in virtual operations / matrix organizations and distributed sites.
- Customer relationship skills
- 2 years hands on experience on configuration management for NSN BSS/RAN equipment
- Hands on experience in NetAct 5.X OR recent
- Ability to work in a team made up of staff with diverse cultural backgrounds
- At least three years experience in operating telecommunication networks
- Experience in networking and collaborating with different units
(Recommended level of education/knowledge):
- MSc., BSc. / three to five years industry experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online