The Nigerian Society for Information, Arts and Culture (NSIAC) a resource centre, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to be appointed to the position of:
Job Title: Librarian
- As the librarian of the Nigerian Society for Information, Arts and Culture, the Librarian is responsible:
- For promoting membership drive
- For carrying out other responsibilities contained in NSIAC’s constitution and as given by the Director
- To the Director
- For the acquisition, cataloguing and organization of the library resources
- For Readers services
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Applicants are required to possess a University Degree and a Masters in Library Science from recognized institution of learning.
- Post qualification experience
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Information Communication and Technology (ICT).
- Additional qualifications would be added advantage
- Good IT and typing skills
- Be able to initiate and execute programmes
- Be a fund raiser
- Be able to work outside official hours
- Effective time management and thorough job execution with minimum supervision.
Applicants are required to send their CVs, which should contain the names of three (3) referees, the CV may be organized as follows:
- Full names and surnames in capitals,
- Date of birth,
- Town and state of origin,
- Current postal address,
- Email address,
- GSM telephone number,
- Permanent home address,
- Marital status,
- Names and ages of children,
- Institutions attended with dates,
- Academic qualifications,
- Working experience, present employment, status, salary and employer,
- Co curricular activities.
All applications should be addressed to:
Nigerian Society for Information,
Arts and Culture, Leventis Building,
54, Magazine Road,
Jericho – Ibadan,