The Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) was founded in 1969 by the few qualified General Practice Chartered Surveyors who were trained mainly in the United Kingdom.
The Institution was granted government recognition by the enactment of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers (Registration, act)” Decree No. 24 of 1975. The first Annual Conference was held at Ibadan in 1969.
The Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON) is empowered to regulate and control the practice of the profession of Estate Surveying and Valuation in the country. The Institution is affiliated to the International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) and the Commonwealth Association of Surveying and Land Economy (CASLE).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Ref No: NES01
- Heads the Secretariat as Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Responsible for implementing NIESVs strategic vision and plan. Establishes a sound Institution structure for the National Secretariat.
- Provides leadership necessary for growth of the Institution.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the Secretariat as evidenced by the provision of excellent and customer focused services to members of the Institution and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that the activities, actions plans etc. uphold the reputation, quality and integrity of the Institution.
- Manage liaison with relevant internal and external authorities that include the government and other relevant agencies.
- Engage other ad-hoc and other responsibilities as designed by the Management Committee, Council and other governing bodies.
- Reports on the activities of the Institution to Council regularly through the Hon. National Secretary and execute all decisions of the Management Committee, Council within the limits of the Constitution and budget.
- Initiate plans and formulate basic policies and programs that will further the objectives of the Institution, and recommend same for the approval of the Management Committee.
- Serves as Admin. Secretary to Council, Management Committee and the AGM or other General Assembly.
- Ensures the protection and preservation of the Institutions assets and properties.
- Forges and maintains mutually benefiting relationships with similar local and international professional bodies.
- Ensures the arrangement and logistics for Council and Management meetings and Council members welfare.
- Maintain proper record of minutes of meetings such as the Management Committee, Council, General Assembly and other official meetings of the Institution.
- Provide security for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and the Institution’s mailing lists.
- Plan and supervise all aspects of the Institution’s national Conferences, and other official meetings of the Institution.
- Provide necessary liaison and staff support within budget limitations to committee chairmen to enable them perform their functions effectively.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the President, Hon. National Secretary and Council.
- A minimum of B.Sc./HND in Estate Management & BL/LLB in Law
- Masters degree in related field including strong academic credentials will be an added advantage.
- Interested applicants who are Deputy Executive Secretaries or Deputy Registrars with at least 15 years of experience may be considered.
- Must be a Professional registered Member of the Institution.
- Good supervisory experience.
- Must be 40 years and above.
- At least minimum of 10 years in the Estate management and Valuation services sector and 8 years in top/senior management position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] clearly state the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
- Applicants are to submit only ONE application as multiple applications will result in disqualification.
Application Deadline 13th May, 2016